Wake up is underrated imo

You would not believe how many times I've been saved by wakeup. Opening a trappers trap on a door and still opening it before he can make it, dodging a nurse with Devour Hope because I opened the gate just in time to evade her blink, and just then I escaped as the last survivor against a Myers at 99% on midwidch because I opened the gates so damn fast he couldnt expose and get to me in time after closing hatch.


Wish I saw it more on other survivors tbh

Comments

  • I see wake up as a situational selfish endgame perk. I'm not a big fan of these kind of perks.

  • @Ula said:

    I see wake up as a situational selfish endgame perk. I'm not a big fan of these kind of perks.

    Its not always selfish, it's possible for it to save other survivors too because you opened the gate faster.

  • Wake up is amazing when you are the last survivor and need to open one of the gates. Otherwise it's meh.

  • @Ula said:

    I see wake up as a situational selfish endgame perk. I'm not a big fan of these kind of perks.

    Well i'm not a big fan of my team suiciding on hook, DCing at 5 gens, or MMR giving me unwinnable matches sooooo.....yeah I am using it anyways.

  • Don't forget teammates see your aura opening the gate within (I think) 100m. It can definitely save a teammate if they're in a chase and they're not sure which gate to run to. I'm a fan of the perk

  • I always equip it when I have an open an exit gate daily.

  • i only like the perk in situations where you're the last alive and killer closed hatch, otherwise its too niche. You have to first live all the way to exit gates are powered, then have to be the one to open a gate to get any value out of it which if the last gen pops and you're in chase, isn't going to happen.

    Same with perks like Adrenaline, Hope, No one Left Behind etc. I'd rather run things that always work regardless of match progression instead of things i might never get to use if i get camped/tunneled out early

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I would rather use Leader. Wake Up only activates when all generators are completed, and in this scenario there is likely another survivor available that you can use to enable leader. They both have the same speed boost too. The aura reveal is for other team mates in endgame only (so, pragmatically, useless)

    That's not true. Wake Up also activates if the killer closes the hatch. You're the last one standing.

  • I can't run perks I don't get guaranteed value out of. Perks that ensure you get to the end game are better for me.

  • i like to use Wake Up! for the gate opening daily’s and it can come in useful but… there are still way better endgame survivor perks not being too situational.

    it could use some additional effect, like at least showing your teammates you have the perk so they don’t open the gate themselves while you are standing next to it gesturing with the killer coming.


    also some small effect during the game would be nice… to complement the current effect maybe once you are sitting on a gen with 90%+ progress you reveal your aura to all other survivors? This could be useful for when the killer is chasing you of the gen so others can finish it…

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2897923#Comment_2897923

    Then there is a bug. The description states "once all generators are completed, Wake Up! activates"

    Its just a case of bad wording. Closing the hatch has the same effect. It should be phrased as once the exit gates are powered as that covers both scenarios.

  • It's an okay perk. It won't make a difference every game though as it's only 4 seconds. But when it does it feels great.