PR, DMS, Corrupt plus anything is stupidly powerful on Wraith
Wow. I finally got around to unlocking DMS, and the difference even against SWFs is night and day. I didn't think about the information gathering potential of DMS beyond the gen that blows, but you can tell exactly when a spine chill guy gets off the other gens. Most of the groups I faced were smart enough to get off the gen before I hooked, but Wraith is fast enough to check half the map and get most of the DMS time anyway.
And when someone is dumb enough to get blown up right on the gen, it sets the whole team back much more than 45 seconds- escaping, finding a new promising gen, etc. Small data set, but I went from 5 or 6 0-2Ks this morning to 5 or 6 3-4Ks. Already can't imagine life without it.
EDIT: Should add that since skill checks sometimes happen the second you leave a gen, I'm getting 2-3 free gen explosions per game from people that let go before the hook.
Comments
There is a distinctive animation to the hooking in which you can let go at the correct moment to avoid the Pain Resonance scream last-second. All they have to do is just not trigger the scream. Wraith then (probably) pursues a survivor on a gen and that one generator becomes blocked, and the people on the other gens just do those ones.