Probably changed nothing to see if it is psychological. The first day was obvious that something changed. The days after though.. not really.
The last test was awful for killer in the morning but not as bad at night. This is how it normally is for me at least and was similar to the other tests that i did take note of.
I will say my survivor team mates were not as bad as they normally are on some days. But that could also be luck.
After thinking about some of the results I’m betting one of the things they were experimenting with was how the system calculates the aggregate MMR for a swf that has a gap in the ratings of its members, such as when a veteran plays with a friend who doesn’t play much. My guess is the actual system in place probably just does something simple like an average of their two ratings, but that’s probably not actually the most accurate method. So I think they’ve been tinkering with things like using the highest or lowest MMR in a swf as its group rating and other settings in between. That would explain why one of the days (Day 3?) some people including myself tended to see a lot of groups that were all much higher skill than usual and which seemed to include swfs - that could have been a test of treating the swfs as if they were the MMR of their lowest rated member. So if your own MMR as a killer was kind of high, and it had a swf of four people the weakest of which was about your level and the rest were top tier, that group would be considered a “close match” in that scenario.
Similarly for if they tested swfs as “treat them as the highest rated member”, in that case you could have a high MMR killer going against a swf that had exactly one high MMR survivor and the rest were friends that had never played before. That day’s tests would probably show more swinginess in the ratings than usual.
There's two more tests to go, but we'll share the details sometime afterwards.
Mm, I'm so, so curious as to what's going on. Because of the natural game to game churn, there is certainly going to be a placebo effect of 'we're doing something today'.
I just want an MMR system that doesn’t match all my killers with esports bully squads, just because I’m really good at Blight and Nurse. When I’m playing Blight and Nurse, then give me whatever survivors you want, but I shouldn’t be stuck playing those same teams when I’m playing a lower tier killer like Clown, because all that does is tell me I should only play the same two killers over and over.
I just want an MMR system that doesn’t match all my killers with esports bully squads, just because I’m really good at Blight and Nurse. When I’m playing Blight and Nurse, then give me whatever survivors you want, but I shouldn’t be stuck playing those same teams when I’m playing a lower tier killer like Clown, because all that does is tell me I should only play the same two killers over and over.
Apparently it cause it need to fixed itself for your clown ranking.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Probably changed nothing to see if it is psychological. The first day was obvious that something changed. The days after though.. not really.
The last test was awful for killer in the morning but not as bad at night. This is how it normally is for me at least and was similar to the other tests that i did take note of.
I will say my survivor team mates were not as bad as they normally are on some days. But that could also be luck.
There's two more tests to go, but we'll share the details sometime afterwards.
After thinking about some of the results I’m betting one of the things they were experimenting with was how the system calculates the aggregate MMR for a swf that has a gap in the ratings of its members, such as when a veteran plays with a friend who doesn’t play much. My guess is the actual system in place probably just does something simple like an average of their two ratings, but that’s probably not actually the most accurate method. So I think they’ve been tinkering with things like using the highest or lowest MMR in a swf as its group rating and other settings in between. That would explain why one of the days (Day 3?) some people including myself tended to see a lot of groups that were all much higher skill than usual and which seemed to include swfs - that could have been a test of treating the swfs as if they were the MMR of their lowest rated member. So if your own MMR as a killer was kind of high, and it had a swf of four people the weakest of which was about your level and the rest were top tier, that group would be considered a “close match” in that scenario.
Similarly for if they tested swfs as “treat them as the highest rated member”, in that case you could have a high MMR killer going against a swf that had exactly one high MMR survivor and the rest were friends that had never played before. That day’s tests would probably show more swinginess in the ratings than usual.
That’s all speculation on my part though. 🤷♂️
Mm, I'm so, so curious as to what's going on. Because of the natural game to game churn, there is certainly going to be a placebo effect of 'we're doing something today'.
I just want an MMR system that doesn’t match all my killers with esports bully squads, just because I’m really good at Blight and Nurse. When I’m playing Blight and Nurse, then give me whatever survivors you want, but I shouldn’t be stuck playing those same teams when I’m playing a lower tier killer like Clown, because all that does is tell me I should only play the same two killers over and over.
Apparently it cause it need to fixed itself for your clown ranking.
All I want is to switch killers during lobby like before.
...