Hey, it's ya boi. I dropped the whole "collecting data, bleep blorp" thing because I felt like no one really cared, not even me.
Anyways, despite the fact that I've seen a couple people lamenting that their games have been really hard today, I've played about four and they all went pretty well. Sorry that I can't relate to you on that, at least not today.
To be fair, I haven't played that much today, technically... but I play really slow matches, in general, so 4 games to me is like, maybe 2 hours.
One was a survivor game: I got adept Yoichi! It was my first try, too. Not just at adept, it was literally my first game as Yoichi. It was against an Artist on the Dead Dawg Saloon who was also trying to do the adept. I definitely got value out of all my perks that game, even empathetic connection. I also got very lucky; for some reason, she chose me as the "I'll hit him but then I'll just leave him alone," guy.
I saw someone say they've been having "right shite" teammates (they didn't say that, they weren't British, but that was the idea) and I don't know how I feel about that. My teammates on my one survivor match today were pretty competent. Maybe a bit boring, I guess? No one went for, like... an epic sabotage play or flashlight blind, and I don't recall anyone lasting an uber long time in chase, but they definitely bought enough time for us to escape. Wish half of them didn't teabag the killer at the end of the game like total pieces of #########, though (honestly, don't even worry about balance. Just take that ######### out. Please. I am BEGGING you!)
But then the killer games were when things got a bit juicier... I mean, my experience as to whether or not I was winning didn't seem to change much, but I played a lot more killer today, so that's what I mean.
First match I was playing Wraith for a daily. I upgraded my addons from bone clapper and the ghost (a yellow and a brown) to two greens, one of them windstorm and the other the "Sloppy Butcher as an add-on" one (why do (so many) killers have that? Like, it's useful! But isn't it a bit odd to have the effect of an entire perk ascribed to a consumable, just for using their power "correctly?") I also run a fairly sweaty build, I guess. BBQ, NWO, SH:PR, Jolt. You know; smack 'em and rack 'em. It's my jam.
That game was also on Dead Dawg Saloon, and it went pretty swimmingly considering there were two twitch streamers, and at least one Circle of Healing I can remember. There was a crazy 3-man into a full reset because of one sabotuer when I went to hook a survivor instead of drop them to defend a different hooked survivor who was nearby and obviously about to get rescued, and maybe I'd be in a really sour mood if it wasn't for the fact that yeah, that happened!... but they still all ultimately died anyways.
So I finished that game, got full iri embs, earned two pips, and realized I was one pip away from iri 1, and although I wanted to call it right then and there and do something productive, like my homework or the laundry, I thought "well now I HAVE to make it." I didn't even know I was gonna go for that this month!
Anyways, I started thinking "who's the killer that I'm most likely to pip with?" as well as "who really puts me through the trenches, in terms of MMR? Who demands the most of me so I can see what's really happening today?" and I decided that was Huntress, since I've been trying to get her achievement for about 4 years, anyways. But then I ran iri head and the 4.6 add-on, as well as Lethal Pursuer, and got sent to Midwich. I think there actually was a map offering, now that I think about it. Funny that that probably would've been one of my worst maps had I not been running the add-on. So I couldn't get the achievement, and that game I actually won too hard to pip. This is partially because this one Dwight, God bless him, just ended up getting more or less camped and tunneled to death, which isn't what I was trying to do but that's just sort of how it happened. He was rotting there until at least second state, I think I was chasing someone who was nearby? the person who finally did get him didn't have bt, this Meg, and she spun me when she was trying to take a protection hit (well, in retrospect, maybe she wasn't trying to take a protection hit, maybe she was just perfectly set up for one by accident) causing me to hit Dwight right off the hook instead! Ain't that just like a Meg? Anyways, Dwight dced the moment I went to finally pick him up, and I couldn't even blame him. I just worry he blames me...
So now it's like 20 minutes after I told myself I was gonna stop playing, but I'm not done. Video games do the thing they've been doing to me since I was five; drive me to be task-oriented instead of time-oriented ("I don't care if I've been playing for three hours, if Shyeesha the Wyvern isn't burning in the green inferno, I'm not going to bed!"). I choose a killer who I know I can't possibly win too hard with; Sadako. She's butt-loads of fun, but boy howdy is the struggle real on her. I think she has the Demogorgon problem; she's good at everything except actually killing survivors. I feel like y'all at BHVR know that, and that's why you gave her the condemnation mechanic, but you also can't have a killer with a reliable means of killing survivors before they've been hooked once, which is probably why fully condemning a survivor is so rare that it almost feels like it doesn't exist. I do wonder if there's anything you could do about that. Maybe a means of condemning survivors who are already in the dying state, either as a buff or as an add-on, or maybe even an add-on which makes nearby manifesting condemn survivors, at least a little? Maybe even exposed on a fully condemned survivor? It takes long enough and it's easy enough to get rid of that I feel like that isn't actually as crazy as it may seem, BUT I DIGRESS
After lucking out with a max bp game as Wraith on Saloon, just so happening to run the "don't come to the fog tomorrow" build on Huntress on the exact map where I needed it, apparently, I ended up lucking out on Sadako. I got sent to Lery's, this time not as a map offering, so that was already a huge plus. There was a Jeff, who was pretty good at lasting a long time in chase, but had to spend resources to do so, so I juiced him like a succulent spring-time lemon for a bit. There was a sneaky Mikaela, who might've camouflaged better if she wasn't wearing ######### purple. A Claudette who seemed kind of scared and new, and an obsession Claudette who did not (one was wearing the default brown jacket, one was wearing the Streetwise (smarts? style? You know the one, the yellow jacket!) cosmetic. Guess which.) The game eventually got to a hatch game for Claudette. She ended up hiding in a locker and sacrificing herself to the EGC. Also turned out to be a streamer.
So those were my four games today. How did I feel about them? Well...
I'm the type of person who would much, much rather be bored than frustrated. So if the MMR is set, as of today, at a place where it gives me easier opponents, I welcome that with open arms. I have no qualms with admitting why I main killer; I want to feel powerful. And before you start moralizing at me about how that's wrong or pathetic, I think I'd just leave at this; I used to get beat up in middle school, let me have this. And let's leave it at that, please. Thanks? I ain't gonna mean it unless you actually do it, but thanks. Let's not talk about this.
I will admit, however, that this is clearly not a "what is good for the goose is good for the gander" situation. If I'm winning all the time as killer, while I'd definitely keep playing the game if that was the case, I imagine there are two problems with an MMR system that makes matches too easy.
Other killers may want a sterner challenge (if anyone knows one, show them to me. Cause I haven't met any, lol)
Survivors probably don't appreciate getting matched with teammates that, they feel, make the game too easy for the killer. Like that Meg, for instance (it's always a Meg!)
So I think my final thoughts on the matter are quite simple; I love this, I'm not sure everyone else will, and maybe there should be more emphasis on getting survivors to be matched with appropriate teammates as opposed to appropriately skilled killers, because having a bad team seems to be even worse for your health than going against a good killer (that's right, folks, you heard it here first*, survivors are better at killing other survivors than killers are).
I also have a sneaking suspicion that MMR is more loadout based than player based... especially since the wraith game was the only one it took a while to find.
*You probably have heard this exact thing elsewhere prior.
This one?
Sometimes (especially with brand new members) posts go a bit nutter butters (something with the anti-spam system). I expect it will show up again shortly.
Your post regarding today's Matchmaking test was caught by the Forum's Spam protection; it has been cleared and posted to the part of the Forum collecting feedback for today's testing.
Sometimes (especially with brand new members) posts go a bit nutter butters (something with the anti-spam system). I expect it will show up again shortly.
Ok, thank you. Guess I may as well delete this thread? Don't worry, I'll figure it out.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
what was It
This one?
Sometimes (especially with brand new members) posts go a bit nutter butters (something with the anti-spam system). I expect it will show up again shortly.
Your post regarding today's Matchmaking test was caught by the Forum's Spam protection; it has been cleared and posted to the part of the Forum collecting feedback for today's testing.
Ok, thank you. Guess I may as well delete this thread? Don't worry, I'll figure it out.