Small changes to Hillbilly's basekit to make him more contemporary that don't address overheat.
Hello, everyone. I have about 4.5k hours in DbD. I recently passed 15k saw downs as Billy, and according to the DbD stats website, I am one of the top 100 Billy's in terms of saw-downs. I would make two small changes to Billy's base kit that would make him feel better to play. Firstly, Billy's base kit power is slow. Every addon combo involves some form of Doom or Death engravings.
Billy's base kit needs a speed increase. At the very least, he needs the speed of Death Engravings as part of his base kit. Whether or not he should have the increased charge time to his saw is debatable, but his base kit is far too slow to be used lethally against skilled survivors.
Secondly, when chainsawing for distance, the stagger you endure is far too long. Billy gets staggered for 3 seconds if he downs a survivor, uses his chainsaw for distance, and he is stunned if he hits a wall. Survivors who embrace the "shift+w" meta and break tile constantly absolutely hard-counter Billy and that's obnoxious. Using the chainsaw to catch up to "shift+w" gamers would actually be meaningful if you didn't have to sit for 3 seconds while they get even more distance. This would encourage survivors to play tiles while making Billy marginally stronger, yet feel much, much better to play.
Also, this last part is less important than the others, but I wish that the scoring event for using Billy's saw awarded 600 points in the brutality category. As it stands right now, when I get a "good" match with Billy, where I maximize saw usage, I will usually get around 25k blood points. This is quite low for killer, and it's incredibly difficult to get two pips with Billy. Even when I get the 4k, I will usually only get one pip. If he had the scoring event of Speed Limiter applied to his chainsaw -- without the detriment of speed limiter, he would more fairly award bloodpoints for optimal gameplay.
Comments
100% Agree.
Even if I have a measly 1.4k
His Chainsaw has a base speed of 9.2m/s (230%) But this could easily be buffed to 10m/s (250%) and it wouldn't be much of an issue for either side, just a nice speed buff that would make him a bit less painful to play in the long run.
They could also increase his lethality by giving him a little directional lunge that he can preform after sprinting a certain distance - which would be similar to lunging out of a Blight dash. This would make Sprinting a lot more deadly in those instances where you're only a little bit off after a long dash.
Yeah, the cooldown is egregious. Stuns are so punishing as well. Lowering it to 2 seconds would be superb for everyone involved. 2.5 seconds at the very least.
I totally agree. Although - you could also make it so that there's a scoring event for ending a chainsaw dash very close to a survivor - which increases depending on sprint range. If you use it to close the distance and end it right next to a survivor, it should say 'Hey, you used your power to engage with the survivors! Here's a few hundred BP!' - and maybe increase the reward, so if you thread a path into the Shack and chase everyone away from the generator inside - you get a little reward for it, instead of feeling like you failed.