BHVR, I have an idea to help with Queue times and MMR. Please read

To whoever is reading this from the BHVR team thankyou, I hope you will give thought and maybe discuss this amoung yourselves.

So my idea is for people like me who play at off peak times, this is usually an issue as we're either matched really wrong or waiting so long we dont bother but my idea is pretty simple, allow us to pick ADDITIONAL servers to connect to.

So this should be optional, we obviously dont want to force players to play on servers they dont want however having the ability to match on other servers gives off peak players like me a bigger pool of players for shorter queues and better matched games.

Now I know the concern of connection/latency in a game is a worry. And this is why it's an optional choice, but as someone who has often played on US servers (even though I'm UK) the games wasnt bad at all, sure you may get the odd game the killer looks a little further away but its really not too bad and iv experienced that even on my own servers.

PC players can do this via VPN, but console players it's a harder task. While I think any server beyond a certain limit (170ping) shouldn't be an option.

Personally I cant play at certain times because of the wait, however I can quite happily play on a US server with someone but this obviously limits me to survivor only and forced into swf.

I hope you take this into consideration, I know lots of players play at peak time and this isnt needed for them but some of us are having a rough time from queues to balance no matter the role.

I appreciate if any of you read this, and if you do bring it up with your team thatd be wonderful.

Comments

  • Probably should of put this in feedback, oops

  • Funny enough my latency to the West coast NA is around 120 or so, and my ping to EU is 130. I wish there was an option but I suppose it's too technical for the game to read whether or not I have a steady, stable ping to those servers or not. I mean an influx of people entering into the EU queues is just going to make their queues worse

  • @Alphasoul05 said:

    Funny enough my latency to the West coast NA is around 120 or so, and my ping to EU is 130. I wish there was an option but I suppose it's too technical for the game to read whether or not I have a steady, stable ping to those servers or not. I mean an influx of people entering into the EU queues is just going to make their queues worse

    Well the devs know which servers are close to your location so they could simply have an option you can tick to expand to other servers (so your not picking specific servers but are allowing the option to connect to others)

    And not really, at off peak time I can easily wait 5-10mins sometimes. Even if we just say 5mins if we make the mmr strict that 5 will be increased.

    This is why I feel extra servers to connect to would help, especially people who play off peak hours. It adds more players to the pool for faster and more accurate matches. I'd happily play at 100odd ping to get faster and better matched lobbies