Lunge Canceling

Just a quality of life feature I wish the game had. I wish you could cancel a lunge hit for a reduced slowdown effect.

Nothing really feels worse than lunging halfway through a hit and realizing you're not gonna make the hit anyway but having to accept the big ass slowdown that comes with it.

I think you should be able to right click during a lunge attack to cancel it. Cancelling a lunge will slow you down a bit but only for half the time as going through a full lunge.

Comments

  • Whenever I realize that I'm not going to hit a Survivor, I snap my camera either to the left or the right and smack a random object

  • Nah - you just need to know when to lunge and when not to. If you're about to suffer from a lunge, it's your fault for committing.

  • Seeing this thread reminds me of that Brutal Strength buff I've wanted for awhile. Brutal Strength keeps its current effects, but also says: Lunge Attacks destroy Breakable Walls.

  • This just sounds like "reduce the cd for missing a lunge".