The more strict MMR gets the less killers (and survivor for me)

Title.

The more strict it gets the harder and harder it is to have any form of fun or enjoyment especially as killer. By no means do I want 0mmr (which would be better than strict mmr imo) but having strict mmr does nothing but make the game boring.

Why boring and unfun for survivor? Well survivor you see so limited amount of killers, blight, nurse, camping bubba. Sure some others may pop up once a blue moon but you just stomp them, the games over before it even starts. Games where a killer gets few hooks isnt fun.

Why boring and unfun for killer? Well if you arent playing a strong killer you'll have a horrible time, it's not even fun as blight or nurse it's still a sweat feast but tod forbid you want to play a weaker killer (the more fun ones imo) you'll get a very stressful and unfun game, not even mentioning broken maps for them or even meta perks.

Games are suppose to be fun, sure they dont need to be a 4E or 4K but they're meant to be fun. I get you want to make new players happy but what about us oldies? The ones who have supported your game over all these years?

I seriously will leave if MMR becomes strict, neither side is fun. I dont wanna destroy killers and I certainly dont wanna get destroyed as a killer...

The idea is to have fun and varied matches... that gets taken away with high mmr even more so strict high mmr.

Comments

  • Obviously if your MMR is currently really high then you should be playing against survivors with really high MMR, and if you are then why would you expect to be able to easily do well against skilled players using optimal loadouts if you are not also as skilled and using as optimal a loadout? Nothing prevents you from playing using whatever you want to use, and if you do play suboptimally “for fun” that’s perfectly ok, but it’s unreasonable to expect to not lose games and have a lower MMR and face lower MMR survivors as a result.

    This notion that as a killer I should be able to play using literally any loadout and just kind of chilling as I go without strategically thinking about what I’m doing but still win enough games to maintain a high MMR doesn’t wash. Just play how you want, take the short term losses if the way you want to play isn’t the best strategy and setup, and eventually your MMR will put you against survivors that you can still beat that way. If you only have “fun” when literally you win all the time then that’s not a problem with the system.

  • @dugman said:

    Obviously if your MMR is currently really high then you should be playing against survivors with really high MMR, and if you are then why would you expect to be able to easily do well against skilled players using optimal loadouts if you are not also as skilled and using as optimal a loadout? Nothing prevents you from playing using whatever you want to use, and if you do play suboptimally “for fun” that’s perfectly ok, but it’s unreasonable to expect to not lose games and have a lower MMR and face lower MMR survivors as a result.

    This notion that as a killer I should be able to play using literally any loadout and just kind of chilling as I go without strategically thinking about what I’m doing but still win enough games to maintain a high MMR doesn’t wash. Just play how you want, take the short term losses if the way you want to play isn’t the best strategy and setup, and eventually your MMR will put you against survivors that you can still beat that way. If you only have “fun” when literally you win all the time then that’s not a problem with the system.

    Didnt say any of that though did I? I didnt mention once in this post I should win every game or be able to win with no perks (or bad ones).

    I said it's not fun for either side, and the games should be fun regardless of the side I play. I gave example why each side sucks at high mmr and making the mmr strict just highlights that issue.

    Games should be fun. I also stated it shouldn't be an easy win for either side.

  • If you're mmr is that high, can you honestly tell me that you're really playing for 'fun', or you're just sweating your ######## off at every opportunity and you only want easier games?

    I agree mmr is poorly implemented, but you're not offering any alternatives.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2884476#Comment_2884476

    Didnt say any of that though did I? I didnt mention once in this post I should win every game or be able to win with no perks (or bad ones).

    I said it's not fun for either side, and the games should be fun regardless of the side I play. I gave example why each side sucks at high mmr and making the mmr strict just highlights that issue.

    Games should be fun. I also stated it shouldn't be an easy win for either side.

    But you did imply that you’re not having fun as a killer because you’re not winning as often when you “play casually”.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Title.

    The more strict it gets the harder and harder it is to have any form of fun or enjoyment especially as killer. By no means do I want 0mmr (which would be better than strict mmr imo) but having strict mmr does nothing but make the game boring.

    Why boring and unfun for survivor? Well survivor you see so limited amount of killers, blight, nurse, camping bubba. Sure some others may pop up once a blue moon but you just stomp them, the games over before it even starts. Games where a killer gets few hooks isnt fun.

    Why boring and unfun for killer? Well if you arent playing a strong killer you'll have a horrible time, it's not even fun as blight or nurse it's still a sweat feast but tod forbid you want to play a weaker killer (the more fun ones imo) you'll get a very stressful and unfun game, not even mentioning broken maps for them or even meta perks.

    Games are suppose to be fun, sure they dont need to be a 4E or 4K but they're meant to be fun. I get you want to make new players happy but what about us oldies? The ones who have supported your game over all these years?

    I seriously will leave if MMR becomes strict, neither side is fun. I dont wanna destroy killers and I certainly dont wanna get destroyed as a killer...

    The idea is to have fun and varied matches... that gets taken away with high mmr even more so strict high mmr.

    I'm confused.

    So...you want to face easier survivors because that's more 'fun' for you?

    Thing is - is that fun for them?

  • @Bwsted said:

    If you're mmr is that high, can you honestly tell me that you're really playing for 'fun', or you're just sweating your ######## off at every opportunity and you only want easier games?

    I agree mmr is poorly implemented, but you're not offering any alternatives.

    Well you see I do that and people dont like it, just saying strict mmr isnt fun. Unless you're bad I guess, and no you dont have to sweat to be good...

    @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2884485#Comment_2884485

    But you did imply that you’re not having fun as a killer because you’re not winning as often when you “play casually”.

    Guess you ignored the whole survivor section... it's not about having easy games it's about having ones that are fun and possible as any killer... survivor is lame at high mmr, especially when strict... to easy.

    @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/317446/the-more-strict-mmr-gets-the-less-killers-and-survivor-for-me

    I'm confused.

    So...you want to face easier survivors because that's more 'fun' for you?

    Thing is - is that fun for them?

    Want balance. I know everyone wants survivors to be OP but I dont. I'd like to verse other killers besides the few I mentioned...

  • I want stricter MMR with a higher cap. Let the SWFs wait in line to play against the same Blights over and over again. They all deserve each other.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/317446/the-more-strict-mmr-gets-the-less-killers-and-survivor-for-me

    I'm confused.

    So...you want to face easier survivors because that's more 'fun' for you?

    Thing is - is that fun for them?

    Yes, easy games as a survivor is not fun at all. You can't possibly be scared of a killer who's essentially a non-threat.

    That's probably why bming is so common among survivors, the role is so easy that the only way to extract fun from it is making the other guy miserable.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/317446/the-more-strict-mmr-gets-the-less-killers-and-survivor-for-me

    I'm confused.

    So...you want to face easier survivors because that's more 'fun' for you?

    Thing is - is that fun for them?

    Actually, when I clearly have a lobby full of potatoes, I play around with them. 360 hook spinning etc,... its the only time you can actually do dumb stuff as killer, so yes it is more fun for them. Not all killers are sweatlords who slug every game for the 4k. When I play Myers, I especially meme more because its fun, I dont care about kills though, stopped caring about that after I got rank 1 achievement years aghho hahah

  • BHVR is never gonna fix the maps or bring weak killers up to par just accept it

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2884487#Comment_2884487

    Well you see I do that and people dont like it, just saying strict mmr isnt fun. Unless you're bad I guess, and no you dont have to sweat to be good...

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2884488#Comment_2884488

    Guess you ignored the whole survivor section... it's not about having easy games it's about having ones that are fun and possible as any killer... survivor is lame at high mmr, especially when strict... to easy.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2884510#Comment_2884510

    Want balance. I know everyone wants survivors to be OP but I dont. I'd like to verse other killers besides the few I mentioned...

    @FrostyEyesSusie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2884510#Comment_2884510

    Yes, easy games as a survivor is not fun at all. You can't possibly be scared of a killer who's essentially a non-threat.

    That's probably why bming is so common among survivors, the role is so easy that the only way to extract fun from it is making the other guy miserable.

    Thing is - if you want 'balance', then shouldn't you want stricter MMR controls? As in - facing and being matched with people closer to your skill?

    I know that's what I want. It's almost as frustrating to face a potato team as it is to face a SWF nightmare squad.

    I'm just not seeing how you reckon a less 'strict' MMR matchmaker will lead to more fair games. Shouldn't it be the exact opposite?

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2884538#Comment_2884538

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2884613#Comment_2884613

    Thing is - if you want 'balance', then shouldn't you want stricter MMR controls? As in - facing and being matched with people closer to your skill?

    I know that's what I want. It's almost as frustrating to face a potato team as it is to face a SWF nightmare squad.

    I'm just not seeing how you reckon a less 'strict' MMR matchmaker will lead to more fair games. Shouldn't it be the exact opposite?

    Because it's not fun, this game will never be balanced especially when the current MMR system exists.

    Just when you make it too strict is when the fun goes for all roles, I dont want games over in 5mins or to easily escape every game.

    Fact is so much needs to change before a strict mmr should even be allowed, even then I dont just wanna verse so fee killers because I'm "good" yano?

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2884685#Comment_2884685

    Because it's not fun, this game will never be balanced especially when the current MMR system exists.

    Just when you make it too strict is when the fun goes for all roles, I dont want games over in 5mins or to easily escape every game.

    Fact is so much needs to change before a strict mmr should even be allowed, even then I dont just wanna verse so fee killers because I'm "good" yano?

    I'm not sure what you're saying, to be honest.

    If MMR is working correctly, a lot of these issues fix themselves. Each killer you own has their own MMR, so if you're not great with one killer you'll face similarly not great survivors, and if you're amazing with one killer you'll face amazing survivors on that killer.

    Less strict MMR creates a wider range of players - which is awesome for veterans, as they can do what the hell they want and still win. But it sucks for everyone else.

    Those '100 wins with no addons' streaks were fun, but came at the expense of a lot of less experienced players getting steamrolled.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2884700#Comment_2884700

    I'm not sure what you're saying, to be honest.

    If MMR is working correctly, a lot of these issues fix themselves. Each killer you own has their own MMR, so if you're not great with one killer you'll face similarly not great survivors, and if you're amazing with one killer you'll face amazing survivors on that killer.

    Less strict MMR creates a wider range of players - which is awesome for veterans, as they can do what the hell they want and still win. But it sucks for everyone else.

    Those '100 wins with no addons' streaks were fun, but came at the expense of a lot of less experienced players getting steamrolled.

    Actually shared mmr is a thing, meaning I'd have to loose loads of games as each killer. Not to mention theres no cap so it could tttaakeee over 100 loses just to get to a fun spot.

    But all the strict mmr tests did is make survivor easy for XX escapes in a row.

    What I'm asking is to leave SBMM how it is and not make it stricter... or I'd just stop playing as theres no fun to be had either side

  • So you are sweaty killer who destroys chill or average survivors. And then MMR is working for you and you are facing with sweaty survivors as well. But you don't like it and you wanna this chill survivors again?


    I don't like MMR but no thanks, good players vs good players is only good part of MMR. It should stay.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2884704#Comment_2884704

    Actually shared mmr is a thing, meaning I'd have to loose loads of games as each killer. Not to mention theres no cap so it could tttaakeee over 100 loses just to get to a fun spot.

    But all the strict mmr tests did is make survivor easy for XX escapes in a row.

    What I'm asking is to leave SBMM how it is and not make it stricter... or I'd just stop playing as theres no fun to be had either side

    100 games is absurd. When I start a new killer, I'll have maybe 3 or 4 rough games and if I lose them, I'll have a noticeable difference in opponent quality.