Probably already talked about a lot - Matchmaking

Hello!

Ok, so, I'm kind of a newbie in DBD, I'm iridiscent IV on survivor and silver II on killer. I have one question -> HOW just HOW am I matchmaked? Matchmaking tests stopped, everything was good before, was even ok during some of the days, but now? I've literally played 10 games, all of the games went like this -> playing as survivor with camping killers, every single killer camped, ok, I know that's not prohibited, but it usually doesn't happend so often / playing as killer -> getting iridiscent sweaty survivors who all go borrowed time + the other meta perks, ok, I get it, meta, but why iridiscent survivors on all of my silver killer games (minim 3 iri survs per game).

I m really enjoying this game so far, but this day literally turned me off, I'm just really curious how do I get matchmaked? I just don't understand and it's getting really bad as an experience overall.

Might sound like I'm bitching like everyone about the meta and the stuff, but it's actually a bit tier difference (when playing killer at least) and I really don't see how that's fair.


Thank uuuuu in advance for pitching in! :D

PS -> I really actually don't know how matchmaking works outside of tests D:

Comments

  • Big* tier difference

  • It's a common misconception, but the grades don't have anything to do with the matchmaking- this game has an MMR system now, so you're matched based on your winrate to put you with and against players with a similar winrate.

    In theory, anyway. The system is also a liiiiiitle broken right now and doesn't account for backfilling vacated lobby slots very well, among a few other things.

    In my opinion I think you shouldn't see your opponent's/teammate's grades in the endgame screen, since it's a little confusing.

  • @jesterkind said:

    It's a common misconception, but the grades don't have anything to do with the matchmaking- this game has an MMR system now, so you're matched based on your winrate to put you with and against players with a similar winrate.

    In theory, anyway. The system is also a liiiiiitle broken right now and doesn't account for backfilling vacated lobby slots very well, among a few other things.

    In my opinion I think you shouldn't see your opponent's/teammate's grades in the endgame screen, since it's a little confusing.

    Ok, maybe it was just a bad day I guess :(

  • A fair assumption. My condolences, though, that sounds unpleasant!

  • @jesterkind said:

    It's a common misconception, but the grades don't have anything to do with the matchmaking- this game has an MMR system now, so you're matched based on your winrate to put you with and against players with a similar winrate.

    In theory, anyway. The system is also a liiiiiitle broken right now and doesn't account for backfilling vacated lobby slots very well, among a few other things.

    In my opinion I think you shouldn't see your opponent's/teammate's grades in the endgame screen, since it's a little confusing.

    Grades correlate to time spent in the game, which is analogous to having a working knowledge of the game more often than not. An iri 1 survivor is gonna be better than a bronze whatever survivor by dint of experience the vast majority of the time. It's more than a little silly to say the two are not related at all.