Sole Survivor rework idea

So, Sole Survivor is currently one of the worst survivor perks in the game, I don't think I've ever seen it run outside of Adept Laurie. I have an idea to rework it:

Sole Survivor

As more of your friends fall to the Killer, you become shrouded in isolation and the Killer's Aura-reading abilities towards you are disrupted.

Each time a Survivor other than yourself gains progress towards being sacrificed, Sole Survivor gains 1 Token, up to a maximum of 9 Tokens:

Each token grants a stackable radius of 6/7/8 meters within which the Killer is unable to read your Aura, up to a maximum of 54/63/72 meters.

Once Sole Survivor gains 9 Tokens, Grunts of Pain, Scratch Marks and Noises from Rushed actions are all suppressed.


This rework shifts the requirement to activate the perk from survivors dying, to survivors being hooked instead. You no longer need to rely on your teammates dying for the perk to do something. The perk will now restrict the killer's aura reading more and more as the trial goes on, being especially effective against aura reading addons, most of which will be entirely nullified at 1 or 2 tokens.

On top of this, the perk now has an extra effect when all of your teammates are dead. Almost all of the killer's tracking tools are suppressed, allowing you to run around the map undetected as you search for the hatch or attempt to open the gates.

I'd like to hear what you think about my idea, and any suggestions if you have them.

Comments

  • I like the general idea, but 8 meters per token is too much. The 9 token effect is cool and imo could just block your aura infinitely at that point as well.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    I like the general idea, but 8 meters per token is too much. The 9 token effect is cool and imo could just block your aura infinitely at that point as well.

    8 meters is a third of a current token at the moment, so it's the same effect proportionally, it just doesn't need teammates to die.

  • I like it, I support it, I buy it. :)