Merciless Storm - Possible Buff?

I don't personally think that Merciless Storm is a bad perk, per se, but it's definitely on the weaker side and I'd like to see it provide just a tiny bit extra. The idea that I had in mind was to make it so any generator that is currently being affected by Merciless Storm is highlighted to the killer in yellow.

This won't give the killer time to intercept unless they're very close, but it's a little bit of info as to where survivors are, and allows the killer to start moving in that direction in anticipation of the generator popping and the survivors scattering.

Let's face it, this won't make Merciless Storm viable, but my goal is more to make using it feel a little nicer when you're levelling Sadako or going for her adept. What do you guys think?

Comments

  • just a change in aura color, i don't see why not, it would work better with other perks like surveillance

  • I don’t mind that at all. You’re looking at eight seconds tops with a solo survivor. But, I would be concerned about it being yellow in color, as other gen aura reading perks are also yellow. Needs to be some kind of way to distinguish which perk is in play.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    I don’t mind that at all. You’re looking at eight seconds tops with a solo survivor. But, I would be concerned about it being yellow in color, as other gen aura reading perks are also yellow. Needs to be some kind of way to distinguish which perk is in play.

    Well, the only two options are yellow and white, and both of those already share that colour coding with other perks.

    It's just kind of a reality of the game that you've gotta be careful of overlapping aura colours when you're building a loadout, I think.

  • Make it work like Tinkerer.

    Merciless Storm activates every time a Generator reaches 90% progress. Blocking a Generator for 20 seconds is too short for a Perk that can only activate 5 times per round, and is usually dealt with extremely quickly

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    Make it work like Tinkerer.

    Merciless Storm activates every time a Generator reaches 90% progress. Blocking a Generator for 20 seconds is too short for a Perk that can only activate 5 times per round, and is usually dealt with extremely quickly

    Deadlock is 30s block on 4 procs. And deadlock is considered good.

    The issue is that merciless storm can block anywhere from 0 to 7 gens because survivors need to either fail a skill check or get pushed of the gen. Deadlock will always block 4 gens.

  • I’d be fine with that. It still wouldn’t be that good, but it’d help a bit.