Camping through my noobie lenses
Greetings, this is my first post on this forum
First of all, apologies for my bad english, i might make some mistakes so, please, forgive me. It is not my main language.
Now, the main theme: Camping.
Camping is rather an undesirable and unfun mechanic in this game. I guess we all can agree on that. We all have read the posts complaining about it.
However, why do we keep complaining about it when, on the meantime, we get this survivors teams with at least 3 DHs and a few DS?
A few minutes ago I played a nemesis game, where i commited to a player for 3 gens (not the best decision but, as I said, im quite a noob). Since I assumed that if i didnt camp that surv i wouldnt get a single kill, I camped her, and the rest of the team, instead of commiting to gens as i would expect, came to rescue her. So, to keep things short, i got 3 kills. They all complained, rada rada.
But, when i looked at their perks, i could only see DHs. 4 DHs, 2 DS, and 3 flashies. So, they expected me to play sweetly and letting them rescue that surv while they played with the most tryhard builds someone could bring.
In conclusion, i believe that there is a great hypocrisy in general. Correct me if im wrong, but anyone playing killer would rather commit to a fair chase rather than camping for 2 gens. But, if we are all tryharding, why cant killers do so as well? Why does everyone complain that they played toxic when they simply wanted to secure a kill?
Comments
As much as I despise DH (DS is fine now) I think comparing a set of perks and a player's strategy in winning is quite misleading.
DH does not lead to camping. It shouldn't and doesn't.
What it does create is salty killers who get mad at it and decide to retaliate by forcing one player to not interact with anything for the next two minutes or so.
Do I agree with it? No. But then again, their role itself is what permits them the ability to camp so if I feel that salty about it, I wouldn't do it during my time playing killer knowing how tilting it is.
Camping doesn't = to trying hard IMHO though. Real good, capable killers don't camp.
You did absolutely the right thing here.
If the team is too strong camping is often the best option. Especially good teams sometimes don´t accept that they should not rescue. So you could get kills which you would not if you tried to play "nice".
Ignore the complaints - they do no matter what.