Why can't the devs let us vote? (SBMM)

Why can't the devs let us vote if we want SBMM (MMR) or not?

Do you want SBMM? YES or NO?

You sometimes get a surveymonkey when you load into the game in the news page so please let us vote!

Comments

  • i voted.

    i uninstalled the game and SBMM is one of the main reasons why it stays uninstalled.

  • Because they made the game, not us

  • @Mister_xD said:

    i voted.

    i uninstalled the game and SBMM is one of the main reasons why it stays uninstalled.

    I think the majority of the people who left DBD did it because of SBMM, that's why I would appreciate it if they let us vote.

  • Because they think they know far far better than the players.

  • @Turtlesrock said:

    Because they made the game, not us

    But we play the game and pay the bills. It's not like they make the game purely for themselves. Imagine if 80% votes for NO SBMM, why would they want to keep it?

  • @GamerEzra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2872335#Comment_2872335

    I think the majority of the people who left DBD did it because of SBMM, that's why I would appreciate it if they let us vote.

    i agree, but they wont let us do that.

    in short, they paid a lot of money, ressources and time to get this system and now they go with it because of that.

    its like the Hillbilly overheat - they already made it, so they can not affort not to use it even though people hate it, otherwise they would have thrown all those ressources out of the window for literally nothing.

    the only way to voice our dislike and maybe get it changed is by speaking with our wallets - which i, and others that quit, am doing.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    Because they think they know far far better than the players.

    But wouldn't it be amazing if they just let us vote. I mean if 80% wants to keep it then I stop crying about it but I feel like 80% will vote against SBMM. I just want this game to be better and I feel like if we go back to the ''old'' ranking system the game would become so much more fun again.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2872339#Comment_2872339

    i agree, but they wont let us do that.

    in short, they paid a lot of money, ressources and time to get this system and now they go with it because of that.

    its like the Hillbilly overheat - they already made it, so they can not affort not to use it even though people hate it, otherwise they would have thrown all those ressources out of the window for literally nothing.

    the only way to voice our dislike and maybe get it changed is by speaking with our wallets - which i, and others that quit, am doing.

    I still find the game to much fun to quit but if things keep getting worse and I'm not having fun anymore I will do the same thing.

  • I stopped playing when sbmm came out, definitely against it

  • They do let us vote

    @Mister_xD said:

    i voted.

    i uninstalled the game and SBMM is one of the main reasons why it stays uninstalled.

    Unfortunately for anyone still playing who hates the SBMM system, ^THIS^ is the only vote that actually counts

  • @GamerEzra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2872350#Comment_2872350

    I still find the game to much fun to quit but if things keep getting worse and I'm not having fun anymore I will do the same thing.

    and i cant blame you for that.

    after all, MMR is definitely not the only reason i quit this game - i have been burned out from it for months before that as well. one of my most common complaints about DbD prior to MMR was how boring, stale and repetetive the game becomes after a while. I put almost 5.000 hours into the game at this point and it just got very, very boring (and, due to the imbalances, annoying) after a while.

    MMR just adds one more issue on top and for me, that was one too many. now add to the mix that just a few updates later they decide to completely and utterly gut my favourite character (and leave them in the dirt to this very day i might want to add) for literally no good reason at all (RIP Deathsliger), the introduction of CoH which is utterly overpowered and further increases the imbalances i have been complaining about, as well as the cheater epidemic and, at least at this point in time, i see no reason for me to return to DbD.


    but if you still find enjoyment in this game, thats great!

    i certainly dont want to talk you out of it.

    but in its current state, DbD is, sadly, not for me anymore. and MMR is playing a big role in that.

  • @KateDunson said:

    I stopped playing when sbmm came out, definitely against it

    @tippy2k2 said:

    They do let us vote

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2872335#Comment_2872335

    Unfortunately for anyone still playing who hates the SBMM system, ^THIS^ is the only vote that actually counts

    But isn't it really sad that almost all comments I have seen since SBMM have been like this? I mean, I see it so why don't the devs see it. It might look like Im just here to complain but I really want the best for this game because I love it so much. I feel like SBMM is slowly killing the game. edit: and the fact that cheaters own the game also doesn't help.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2872354#Comment_2872354

    and i cant blame you for that.

    after all, MMR is definitely not the only reason i quit this game - i have been burned out from it for months before that as well. one of my most common complaints about DbD prior to MMR was how boring, stale and repetetive the game becomes after a while. I put almost 5.000 hours into the game at this point and it just got very, very boring (and, due to the imbalances, annoying) after a while.

    MMR just adds one more issue on top and for me, that was one too many. now add to the mix that just a few updates later they decide to completely and utterly gut my favourite character (and leave them in the dirt to this very day i might want to add) for literally no good reason at all (RIP Deathsliger), the introduction of CoH which is utterly overpowered and further increases the imbalances i have been complaining about, as well as the cheater epidemic and, at least at this point in time, i see no reason for me to return to DbD.

    but if you still find enjoyment in this game, thats great!

    i certainly dont want to talk you out of it.

    but in its current state, DbD is, sadly, not for me anymore. and MMR is playing a big role in that.

    I agree with all of that, I can't believe they nerfed Deathslinger this bad. Boons are just crazy OP and the fact that cheaters own this game now makes me sad. I have 2500 hours in dbd but I don't know if I will ever get to 5000 if it keeps getting worse.😥