Now I fully understand the DH rage

I'm not the one to normally complain a lot in here, but I've been trying to complete the rift by attempting the killer challenges, but the fun is really REALLY being stripped off by the MANY Dead Hards in every single match.

I understand that the devs mentioned that they're looking into it, but goodness playing killer is so draining.

The amount of times I was able to pull off a nice mind game only for it to be denied by DH really is infuriating.

Killer mains out there now have my full respect.

I remember someones' suggestion a while back by either removing its distance or invulnerability and I think that was a pretty nice idea.

Comments

  • @TheGrimQueefer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2872763#Comment_2872763

    But you realise when the majority of killers just hard tunnel people out of the game, why it is such a commonly used perk.

    If the game was balanced where killers didn't need to do that, it wouldn't be such a problem.

    That really only applies to perks like DS and BT, except when people use them aggressively, despite the killer not trying to actively tunnel. DH is more used because people want to extend their chase, effectively making the killer in a lose lose situation. Continue chase and they waste more time. Drop chase, and now you wasted time chasing. And it doesn't help that generally 4-3 DHs in a match is common, making going in chases a pain in the ass.

  • @Mazoobi said:

    I'm not the one to normally complain a lot in here, but I've been trying to complete the rift by attempting the killer challenges, but the fun is really REALLY being stripped off by the MANY Dead Hards in every single match.

    I understand that the devs mentioned that they're looking into it, but goodness playing killer is so draining.

    The amount of times I was able to pull off a nice mind game only for it to be denied by DH really is infuriating.

    Killer mains out there now have my full respect.

    I remember someones' suggestion a while back by either removing its distance or invulnerability and I think that was a pretty nice idea.

    play as trickster and you'll hate sprint burst more than dead hard :)

  • @Mazoobi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2874632#Comment_2874632

    I find it most useful for killers who need to set up e.g Demo or Trapper.

    It's pretty valuable for any killer, but that's assuming you're able to find someone early while the corrupt is still active so you'll need luck on your side which I hate because luck is never EVER on my side whenever I play this game whether I play survivor or killer.

    Fair points thank you.

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/315983/now-i-fully-understand-the-dh-rage

    play as trickster and you'll hate sprint burst more than dead hard :)

    I wish I could, but playing trickster doesn't treat me well since I'm on console.

  • @FilthyLegionMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/315983/now-i-fully-understand-the-dh-rage

    Funny enough, there's a challenge that dead hard makes super easy. Need to dodge hits as survivor 5 times.

    Survivors out here acting like they weren't going to run it regardless of the challenge.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2874505#Comment_2874505

    That is true but atleast it gives survivors a reason to heal up. Many high up players heal up still to this day and rather stay injured with iron will. This counters it, also a big frustration of dead hard comes from the fact that the survivor is injured and therefore "about to die" and having this beeing robbed by dead hard feels very annoying.

    If you change this now to a healthy state this "robbed" feeling isnt as bad anymore, since the survivor is anyway healthy. Now once a survivor is injured its way more of a risk to do anything.

    Many plays can happen BECAUSE dead hard exists, if we switch the rules to healthy its gonna change up a whole lot to the game. Thats why I think its a good idea honestly. More changes are also still necessary like dead hard shouldnt make you avoid unlethal attacks like doctor shock but also it shouldnt give that much distance aswell.

    I can see where you're going with.

    @neb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2874285#Comment_2874285

    That really only applies to perks like DS and BT, except when people use them aggressively, despite the killer not trying to actively tunnel. DH is more used because people want to extend their chase, effectively making the killer in a lose lose situation. Continue chase and they waste more time. Drop chase, and now you wasted time chasing. And it doesn't help that generally 4-3 DHs in a match is common, making going in chases a pain in the ass.

    This.

    DS and BT are used for the tunneling/camping whereas DH just makes chases ever more frustrating unless you're a god nurse then you'll only waste an additional 3 seconds at most.

  • The invulnerability needs to be removed- not the distance. If you took away the distance, the perk is useless- even with invulnerability. All DH would be doing is delaying the inevitable if its solely used to avoid a hit. The killer is just going to catch up to you shortly after. Even if they fell for the bait the first time & you managed to get to a pallet/window/loop safely, they’re very unlikely to fall for it again & will just wait it out. The distance is what makes the perk good. Plus no invulnerability means killers can’t get baited during/after hook plays.

    Having a reaction perk (distance gone but invulnerability remains) on these ######### servers is not ideal.

  • @KerJuice said:

    The invulnerability needs to be removed- not the distance. If you took away the distance, the perk is useless- even with invulnerability. All DH would be doing is delaying the inevitable if its solely used to avoid a hit. The killer is just going to catch up to you shortly after. Even if they fell for the bait the first time & you managed to get to a pallet/window/loop safely, they’re very unlikely to fall for it again & will just wait it out. The distance is what makes the perk good. Plus no invulnerability means killers can’t get baited during/after hook plays.

    Having a reaction perk (distance gone but invulnerability remains) on these ######### servers is not ideal.

    Rework the Perk entirely, everyone wins. No more luck based invulnerability and no more unbalanced and uncounterable distance

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2876330#Comment_2876330

    Rework the Perk entirely, everyone wins. No more luck based invulnerability and no more unbalanced and uncounterable distance

    Lolol yes that is an option as well. If they do that, they need to remove useless/redundant perks too. We have way too many healing perks in the game and Red Herring sucks IMO.

  • @Mazoobi said:

    I'm not the one to normally complain a lot in here, but I've been trying to complete the rift by attempting the killer challenges, but the fun is really REALLY being stripped off by the MANY Dead Hards in every single match.

    I understand that the devs mentioned that they're looking into it, but goodness playing killer is so draining.

    The amount of times I was able to pull off a nice mind game only for it to be denied by DH really is infuriating.

    Killer mains out there now have my full respect.

    I remember someones' suggestion a while back by either removing its distance or invulnerability and I think that was a pretty nice idea.

    When this silly perk is finally removed, it's going to be so interesting to see how the game changes.

    I know for a fact that I basically play around it even if I'm not sure it's being used (much like BT and DS). And yeah, it creates some absolutely obnoxious 'I just lost the game to a button and I don't know what I could have done differently' moments.

    When I play survivor, I avoid it. SB and Lithe are usually my go-to now.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/315983/now-i-fully-understand-the-dh-rage

    When this silly perk is finally removed, it's going to be so interesting to see how the game changes.

    I know for a fact that I basically play around it even if I'm not sure it's being used (much like BT and DS). And yeah, it creates some absolutely obnoxious 'I just lost the game to a button and I don't know what I could have done differently' moments.

    When I play survivor, I avoid it. SB and Lithe are usually my go-to now.

    Same here. I've always seen myself running either SB or even Head On over dead hard.

    I would not run Dead Hard or NOED in any of my matches. I refuse to do so. Both perks don't give genuine satisfaction to me abide the many cocky players who use them smh.

  • @NemmyMan3000 said:

    My only problem with DH is survivors using it to dash straight into a wall and the hit will not register even tho you're directly behind them. Or use it to go through you.

    The 1st part sounds like something clunky is happening with the hitboxes. The 2nd part does get frustrating at times too although luckily it can be easily waited out and wacking them as they're next to you.

    @KerJuice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2876368#Comment_2876368

    Lolol yes that is an option as well. If they do that, they need to remove useless/redundant perks too. We have way too many healing perks in the game and Red Herring sucks IMO.

    Red Herring needs a huge buff and QOL to make it better and easier to pull off.

1 2 ›