I do not have time

I don't understand how players get archive rewards so quickly and reach high ranks. I already devote too much to the game, and I play 1-3 hours a day, and on weekends and more. Now I'm at level 40, in 10 days the archive will close and I won't receive the remaining rewards, on top of all this, I'm still not able to rise above the gold rank. Do I have to live in this game to get rewards?

Comments

  • When i started i didn´t know that only the active Tome gives you the Rift Fragments to level up faster there.

    Also try a way through the tome with challenges you can achieve. The master chall. (do this in one trial) are often very difficult. Mostly you can go around these. So you get more rift fragments.

    But in general you are right - you have to play really much to grind through this stuff. Of course they want to incentivise you to buy the missing levels - which you can with 100 auric cells per level to unlock.

  • As far as rank and grades go it really depends. If you're really going for it on one side or the other, yes you will grind, but you could be in IRI 1 within a week or two of reset. In general though, this game does require a lot of time given toit.

    The fact that after 5 years, I still don't have every perk unlocked on every killer (forget even 2 survivors) really shows how grindy it really is, and honestly sooner rather than later they need to address that, because it already is a major break point for many new players (although I suspect their still doing fine in that regard, based on balance decisions and the fact they haven't dropped everything strictly for it)

  • I try to complete all the tasks of the archive, but some I can not pass because of the inability to buy a character, or because of stupid tasks that are impossible to complete. I regretted that I decided to buy a rift ticket ahead of time. These tasks are not fun, and this grind makes me unbearably angry.

  • @shitman said:

    I try to complete all the tasks of the archive, but some I can not pass because of the inability to buy a character, or because of stupid tasks that are impossible to complete. I regretted that I decided to buy a rift ticket ahead of time. These tasks are not fun, and this grind makes me unbearably angry.

    No, a lot are annoying and too difficult. I always work my way to the end first - the endpoint gives more fragments.

    And then i do the ones around.

  • @Marc_123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2869893#Comment_2869893

    No, a lot are annoying and too difficult. I always work my way to the end first - the endpoint gives more fragments.

    And then i do the ones around.

    The same thing, now I have not completely completed volume 4. There are too long and difficult tasks. Especially 12 killer stuns, how should I accomplish this? I never get killer stun.

  • It is really not hard. I am just doing rift challanges and playing game. I have to say, i am playing less than you. And i already completed rift 2 - 3 weeks ago.

    Probably you are not doing all rift challanges, do you?

  • Starting with the tome that dropped around Slinger’s release, survivor challenges in particular have me struggling.

    Can’t “survive while X other survivors escape” if said survivors suicide because they face a sodding Wraith.

  • I play 3 hours a day too lol everyday since the 13th but I only reached gold 4 so far I hope I have enough time to get rank 1 because even If I I'm doing good in a match I often get 0 pip.

  • @shitman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2869910#Comment_2869910

    The same thing, now I have not completely completed volume 4. There are too long and difficult tasks. Especially 12 killer stuns, how should I accomplish this? I never get killer stun.

    I think you can avoid the stun ones - i did often.

    But i play killer too - if the surv way is too hard there are sometimes easier ones you can get with killer.

    Also there are some tricks for some challenges. Red glyphs are easier as killer as you can simply search them and don´t need to worry about the killer :-)

  • @shitman said:

    I try to complete all the tasks of the archive, but some I can not pass because of the inability to buy a character, or because of stupid tasks that are impossible to complete. I regretted that I decided to buy a rift ticket ahead of time. These tasks are not fun, and this grind makes me unbearably angry.

    You should never buy a rift pass ahead of time unless there's something in there that you want to get not matter what. Rather just wait until then end and buy it when you're already done. And if you're not done, then if you what you want is going to be worth what you're not going to get back.

    For instance I bought the just before the last challenges were released because I was already level 60 and I was confortable with buying the Amanda outfit for about 300 cells so even if I wasn't able to get even a single level more I'd still be satisfied with my purchase.

  • @FrostyEyesSusie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2869893#Comment_2869893

    You should never buy a rift pass ahead of time unless there's something in there that you want to get not matter what. Rather just wait until then end and buy it when you're already done. And if you're not done, then if you what you want is going to be worth what you're not going to get back.

    For instance I bought the just before the last challenges were released because I was already level 60 and I was confortable with buying the Amanda outfit for about 300 cells so even if I wasn't able to get even a single level more I'd still be satisfied with my purchase.

    I bought Amanda's cosmetics, I'm an idiot and decided to buy right away. After this archive, I probably will never return to the game.