Why depip when killer goes afk

Why do you depip when the killer goes afk?

######### is dumb.

That's all.

Comments

  • Same reason you depip when survivors go afk.

  • @FrostyEyesSusie said:

    Same reason you depip when survivors go afk.

    I've never depipped when a survivor has gone afk though. Not one single time, assuming the rest of the group didn't come back And just roast me. Even if I just farm the rest of the game I don't depip as killer in that situation.

    Any real answers?

  • It's literally impossible not to depip when survivors go afk because you can only get at most 4 hooks and no chases, meaning you will get depipping scores on sacrifice, chase and brutality categories.

    You've gotten your answer, I'm sorry you didn't like what you got.

  • Yeah that's stupid I play very sneaky Ghostface and don't really chase the survs just stalk and one shot them and they always complain about there pips in the end

  • @FrostyEyesSusie said:

    It's literally impossible not to depip when survivors go afk because you can only get at most 4 hooks and no chases, meaning you will get depipping scores on sacrifice, chase and brutality categories.

    You've gotten your answer, I'm sorry you didn't like what you got.

    I have thousands of hours in this game. Way too many hours tbh. Not one game I've played as either killer or survivor will have 4 afk survivors.

    How many 4man afk games are you coming across?

    Even if there is an afk, that guy gets hooked, and someone sees the writing on the wall and they DC, I'm still not depipping. I may zero pip, but never a depip.

  • You're missing the point. You depip when the other side goes afk because the game wasn't designed to have AFK players. And for that matter, you also deppip when the other side is so significantly weaker than you that you finish the game too soon. If the survivors are potatoes or you are so good that you manage to kill them all too quickly, you depip.

  • @FrostyEyesSusie said:

    You're missing the point. You depip when the other side goes afk because the game wasn't designed to have AFK players. And for that matter, you also deppip when the other side is so significantly weaker than you that you finish the game too soon. If the survivors are potatoes or you are so good that you manage to kill them all too quickly, you depip.

    This only happens on the survivor side though. I play both roles. I had a game as trapper where I 4kd with 5 total hooks and I pipped. I've had some games where I've 4kd and 0 pipped. Sure. 4k with a depip. I can't remember having any of those. Not to say they don't exist. But again, in your afk survivor scenario, I'm still hooking them and getting emblem points because of that. Usually, I'm able to apply that easy pressure to get more emblem points.

    You're creating a falsehood and just claiming victory on some internet argument. It's weird and you should pick better battles.

    I'm not trying to be rude, but I'm just not having these 4k depip matches with afk survivors, like ever. I do depip often with afk or even just bad killers sometimes (where I survive).

  • You asked a question and I answered. But you didn't like the answer so you're trying to create some sort of battle here. I'm not trying to win anything, I'm answering you. You depip when the killer goes afk because the game isn't made to deal with afk players or with sides that are too strong/weak compared to the other. That's why you depip when you kill people too fast as killer or when you do gens and leave too quickly as survivor. That's your answer. Whether it happens more often as survivor or not or what you personal experience on the subject is is immaterial.

    Your question has already been answered, and I don't know what else you want from this.

  • @FrostyEyesSusie said:

    You asked a question and I answered. But you didn't like the answer so you're trying to create some sort of battle here. I'm not trying to win anything, I'm answering you. You depip when the killer goes afk because the game isn't made to deal with afk players or with sides that are too strong/weak compared to the other. That's why you depip when you kill people too fast as killer or when you do gens and leave too quickly as survivor. That's your answer. Whether it happens more often as survivor or not or what you personal experience on the subject is is immaterial.

    You question has already been answered, and I don't know what else you want from this.

    But a) you don't depip killers if you 4k too fast. You may black pip, but you're not going to depip.

    B) you are the one that insist killers are getting boned and depipping against afk survivors. My original post was not "why do both sides depip if there are afk players". That is an argument and false argument at that, that you brought up.

    This is solely and an issue survivors deal with and it's kind of a bunch of baloney that survivors should get punished because the killer is bad or afk. Sure, don't reward survivors with a pip. That's fair, maybe. But punishing survivors because killers want to depip. Sorry, but there is no fair or logical argument that that should be a thing.

    Anyone else have thoughts on this? I'd love to hear an actual reason why this is a thing other than bad programming.

  • @malloymk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2869585#Comment_2869585

    But a) you don't depip killers if you 4k too fast. You may black pip, but you're not going to depip.

    B) you are the one that insist killers are getting boned and depipping against afk survivors. My original post was not "why do both sides depip if there are afk players". That is an argument and false argument at that, that you brought up.

    This is solely and an issue survivors deal with and it's kind of a bunch of baloney that survivors should get punished because the killer is bad or afk. Sure, don't reward survivors with a pip. That's fair, maybe. But punishing survivors because killers want to depip. Sorry, but there is no fair or logical argument that that should be a thing.

    Anyone else have thoughts on this? I'd love to hear an actual reason why this is a thing other than bad programming.

    You most certainly do depip as a killer if you kill survivors too soon or they are afk. I don't know what else to say to this since you're flat out wrong.

    It is an issue for both sides, but even if you don't want to hear about the other side, the answer is still the same. You depip because the game wasn't designed to deal with players going afk or finishing the game too quickly. That's all there is to it.