Why I think the so called "SBMM" will kill Dead by Daylight

First and foremost, there is no "skill" accounted for in this SBMM. KIlls for killers=skill(not how quickly they ended chases, not how many different survivors they hooks, not how long they pressured gens, etc) Survivors escape=skill(Not how long they ran the killer, not how many flashlight saves they got, not how many people they helped wiggle off, not how many gens they completed/hook saves, etc). Let me just say, I AM NOT BLAMING KILLERS FOR THIS. THIS IS BHVR'S FAILURE. When a killer tunnels/camps the best survivor(likely a 2k+ hour survivor paired with 50 hour survivors) out of the game, and they are the first survivor killed, you DRASTICALLY decrease that survivors MMR, keeping them in lower MMR, continuing to pair them against killers whom they have no business being paired with. This not only frustrates the survivor for being paired with paint eaters, but it frustrates the ######### out of the killer for being paired with a really good survivor. As a veteran player, I can tell you 100% I care NOTHING about escapes. I want to engage in chases, get flash saves and CJs, do tree and window techs(basically all the ######### that frustrates you as a killer). Myself and I can only believe many others like me are stuck in this crap because we hardly ever escape and usually get tunneled out of the game first because we are the biggest threat. You are not only artificially lowering our MMR, you are artificially raising your own because the rest of the game is easy mode because that 2k hour survivor who was juicing you got paired with 3 other tree branch eating single digit playtime survivors. When you play this way as a killer, you are not only keeping good survivors in a lower bracket, but you're artificially raising your own skill bracket into bully SWFs that frustrate the crap out of you and teams where these tunneling/camping tactics won't be effective.


AGAIN: i'M NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT CAMPING OR TUNNELLING. You are most certainly welcomed to play how you want. I LOVE being tunneled. But I'm the same survivor that pisses you off so much that you tunnel me. YOU are keeping me in a bracket where I continuously go against you and juice you for 8 minutes straight. However, I don't blame you for playing this way. You eliminate the biggest threat then get the easy 4k. It's logistical. This is the fault of the utterly stupid SBMM.


I just wanted to shed light for people who wonder why as killers they have to go against gods, then get paired up with bully SWFs. This is why. And it's not your fault. I'm sorry you even have to deal with that crap tbh.


SBMM needs to be removed or have a master overhaul. Almost every game I play as solo survivor results in a devastating 4k, with the killer calling me toxic because I ran them for 7 minutes, got two CJ techs, helped 3 people wiggle off using breakout/dead hard to bait swings, etc. I don't play like this to piss you off. I play like this because it's the fun part of the game for me. Running the killer and getting sick ass saves, that is. But because the BHVR system only thinks I'm skill when I escape(which is less than 15% of the time), I'm constantly paired with baby survivors/killers. I mean I have almost 3k hours in the game. I know how to play.


Nobody is at fault for playing how they want here. This is the failure of BHVR and their illogical "SBMM" if you can even call it that. I had to quit for nearly a month because it was just too frustrating to even play as a solo survivor. I can only imagine it's just as bad for killers.


Just wanted to bring my theory to light, but I don't really see any arguments against it. No wonder killers AND survivors are ditching this game. The SBMM has removed any fun games altogether.

Comments