What if circle of healing passively recovered survivors?

A Boon that offers comfort amidst the terror.

Press and hold the Active Ability button near a Dull or Hex Totem to bless it and create a Boon Totem.


Soft chimes ring out within a radius of 24 metres.

Injured survivors inside the Boon Totem's range slowly recover at 0.5 charges per second.

Circle of healing has a max of 16/24/32 charges. Once used up the boon will extinguish. (Note: Shown on the perk hud as it loses charges)

You can only bless one Totem at a time.

All equipped Boon Perks are active on the same Boon Totem.

"Try this, it is better than anything you'll find in a pharmacy." — Mikaela Reid

----

I think this is good because it encourages placing the boon totem in places where the killer may actually be, meaning instead of it being in a random corner which means the killer either loses down or loses gens with no recourse the killer has the opportunity to actually snuff it. It also makes it possible to work on a gen while healing via this perk giving more reason to place it near one.

Comments

  • A full heal take 16 charges. Instead of 16/24/32, lower it. Wither that or limit how many times a player can use it or limit it to one player per game can use it.

    I swear, lots of good ideas here. I hope the devs are listening because COH rework is a deal breaker for me playing killer right now.

  • @Araphex said:

    A full heal take 16 charges. Instead of 16/24/32, lower it. Wither that or limit how many times a player can use it or limit it to one player per game can use it.

    I swear, lots of good ideas here. I hope the devs are listening because COH rework is a deal breaker for me playing killer right now.

    It is limited. At T3 it has enough charges to heal 2 survivors from nothing over time.

  • @AetherBytes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2865761#Comment_2865761

    It is limited. At T3 it has enough charges to heal 2 survivors from nothing over time.

    I meant other than what you proposed. 😀

  • Booning a totem takes 14 seconds. 2 full heals take 32 seconds. Saves at max 20 seconds, and thats ignoring finding a totem.

  • I like this. Not the "alll totems are active on ONE totem" cause then that gets snuffed, everyones screwed. One boon totem allowed at a time, other boon perks are present on other boons

  • @AetherBytes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2865764#Comment_2865764

    Booning a totem takes 14 seconds. 2 full heals take 32 seconds. Saves at max 20 seconds, and thats ignoring finding a totem.

    You're idea is perfect. I was just saying if they don't go with it, they need to do something because how it is right now is not balanced. Finding totems isn't actually difficult. I've played games where 3 COH go down almost at once and gens are done in less than 5 minutes.. Game over, all survivors escaped. I don't see games going that fast with 1 or no COH. Even with SWF.

  • @AetherBytes said:

    A Boon that offers comfort amidst the terror.

    Press and hold the Active Ability button near a Dull or Hex Totem to bless it and create a Boon Totem.

    Soft chimes ring out within a radius of 24 metres.

    Injured survivors inside the Boon Totem's range slowly recover at 0.5 charges per second.

    Circle of healing has a max of 16/24/32 charges. Once used up the boon will extinguish. (Note: Shown on the perk hud as it loses charges)

    You can only bless one Totem at a time.

    All equipped Boon Perks are active on the same Boon Totem.

    "Try this, it is better than anything you'll find in a pharmacy." — Mikaela Reid

    ----

    I think this is good because it encourages placing the boon totem in places where the killer may actually be, meaning instead of it being in a random corner which means the killer either loses down or loses gens with no recourse the killer has the opportunity to actually snuff it. It also makes it possible to work on a gen while healing via this perk giving more reason to place it near one.

    The issue I have with this idea is the issue I've had with similar ideas: it requires making Circle of Healing work differently from the rules that apply to other Boons for no real reason.

  • They should make a boon called "You Win, Don't Bother Playing" then about half of survivors would be happy.