CoH nerf
Since this perk gives too many benefits, Self-Care matters very little here.
Self-care giving 50% normal speed to you
Boon CoH giving 75% normal speed to everyone themselves and 75% faster for everyone healing others and somehow they stack with medkits and probably some perks, idk.
What I suggest is to remove the speed to healing others.
When you think why I do not decide to do it for Exponential is the fact that to CoH anyone can get easily, Exponential - not really. You just need to be lucky you get downed in the range.
Comments
Edit: I may have actually misunderstood. Are you only saying that survivors should only be able to heal themselves at 75% in Circle of Healing radius?
But That would be the thing. 75% self-heal for everyone.
Apologies for my earlier misunderstanding! I edited that comment.
I could get behind that nerf. But I don't think it would address the issue most killer players have with it.
The devs still need to remove the stackable bonus. They promised to remove it and it still exists.
Didn't see it, sorry.
My own idea was, rather than buff healing speed directly, Circle of Healing buffs skill checks.
As a rough example, healing others is normal speed and healing yourself remains 50%, but every successful good skill check offers a bonus 15% (or one Autodidact stack), 20% for a great skill check (as Greats are with +5% already).
Still boosts healing, seems less oppressive on paper, and offers a legit trade-off with Self-Care (stronger skill checks vs not having to have/ be in range of the Boon)
Ok, sounds somehow cool. Do skillchecks affect self-heal only? I might've misunderstood.
Skill checks in general was my intent, so both healing yourself and others.
No, that's too RNG dependent (on top of skill, though that's a lesser issue here) - which is why you never see Autodidact. 14 seconds to setup a boon, that can be snuffed, to possibly get skill checks... that if I hit skill checks then give the effect? No.
And how many times are you just getting a skill check as an action is about to be completed, or does complete as the skill check would be available? I don't want to imagine that frustration with Circle of Healing.
I disagree. While there is some RNG involved, you almost never go through a full, normal speed heal without 1 or 2 skill checks. That said, to acknowledge the point, you can add an "increased odds of triggering a Skill Check" effect to compensate.
By my understanding, the power of the straight boost to healing speed is the big issue. So the idea is change the effect to a less direct boost to healing, but one potentially powerful enough to keep the perk viable. Or at least desirable.