Boil over and console killers

I feel like the new Boil over wiggle effect is too effective against killers using a controller.

Moving forward at top speed while countering the left-right forced movements is a real struggle. It’s really frustrating and I often see myself barely be able to move forward.

We can’t just hold W while spamming strafe keys to move at maximum speed. Left stick is W and strafe keys combined.

Devs I invite you to try moving with a boil over user on your shoulder while using a controller and tell me if you had a fun and fair experience.

Comments

  • Its significantly worse on old gen consoles. When I was playing on Xbox one X there was times I could barely move. Playing on Series X now and it feels much easier. You still feel it, but 9/10 I can make the hook now even if it's a good distance away. Before it was more like 5/10 that I would make it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    "We can’t just hold W while spamming strafe keys to move at maximum speed. Left stick is W and strafe keys combined."

    Console killer here. Even after the Boil Over buff, I've avoided any traversing issues doing exactly this; holding the left stick forward and relying on turning the camera to travel. Sounds like you've just been having exceptional bad luck (or maybe I have exceptional good luck).

    I also use this method and it seems to work for me.

  • It isn't that big of a deal. I still reliably get Hooks even with Boil Over