Bullying post game

So I'm an xbox player. I am not very good at the game but I'm learning. I play mainly survivor but occasionally killer for missions. Sometimes I play normal but if I'm desperate to kill just one person for an award/challenge thing I admit to camping. Most killers I've played with have camped so I assumed it was the done thing. Whether I camp in a match or don't I keep getting constant hate messages. Even as a survivor I'm getting hate messages. They say I'm selfish, or I'm *****, or even telling me to kill myself. I don't mind people messaging even if its constructive criticism but why can't people be civil? Why do they have to say things like this? I already struggle with depression and telling me to kill myself doesn't help. I loved the game until I started getting these messages. It reduces me to tears. No matter who I play as I would never treat someone like this. Does this always happen or is it because I'm a fairly new player? Do a lot of people experience this?

Thank you to the players who send positive messages or no messages either way. I wish more people in the community were like that.

Comments

  • First of all, make sure to report anyone who’s sending you abusive messages. Hopefully the devs will ban them, especially if they’re are telling you to ######### - that’s incredibly serious bullying. As for the reasons why people do it - that’s a pretty simple answer, really. There are unfortunately a lot of shi**y human beings in this world who make themselves feel better by tearing other people down, and they feel emboldened because they can hide behind their keyboards in their parents’ basements. My advice would be to just turn off your post-game chat. I really wish the devs would remove post game chat completely because there’s zero benefit to having it and it really just encourages toxicity and bullying. Thank you for being the better person and ignoring these piece of **** human beings who are bullying you. Hope you don’t get discouraged and remember that you are a far better human being than these pathetic slime buckets.

  • Hey glad you found your way in here.

    Well sadly that is a problem since the game came out. For some reason ppl (Killers and survivors) can be very toxic, even after the games in steam comments or post game chat. I would say the best way is try to ignore it and dont pay too much attention to it. I personally learned to take all of that just lightly nowdays and even laugh about it.

    Once you learned to take those kind of insults more lightly it will get eventually better. But ye sadly the toxicity has been always a thing and will probably never end. I also experience ALOT of toxicity, I feel like Killer mains or Killer players in general receive way more overall than survivors.

  • Just make your messages private for strangers. Problem solved.

    Also, welcome!

  • Microsoft doesn't mess around. Anyone messaging you threats, or saying f you (and swearing in general) or to #########, report and they'll be banned by the end of the day.

    I feel like new players (not you but the bullies) usually cry the loudest, and are beyond rude. Idk just my theory.

    People also seem to forget new player exist, and especially now there is SO MUCH to learn that the tutorial lacks, and just get angry. Good luck, and welcome! If you ever want help my gt is the same as it is here. (Idk if that breaks forum rules if so I apologize)