Surv Bloodpoints and Bloodwebs
In June last year I started Dbd and back then there were plenty more bloodpoints offerings in the bloodweb, now it's a miracle if you find a surprise cake once every 5-10 webs. In general, the amount of points survivors get are super low compared to Killers with the BP bonus the common perk BBQ n Chili gives.
I can only assume the devs wish to have people play surv if they are with friends, and make killer more rewarding, but the mentality in this should NOT be: "Make killer more appealing than Survivor, cos you'll get more BP."
It should be: "Make both more appealing, so people will play more."
So "give the people the BP" and make so that every 2-3 matches if you switch you get a boost in BP or something, but keep giving the survs more BP, cos this is becoming an even more exhausing BP grind for non-killer players. (which are actually many I think, especially among new players). Both sides need to be kept engaged and feeling rewarded.
Bloodwebs should be made FUN: Put collectibles in them, skins, charms, etc. More quality stuff. Timed BP boosts (like, consume this BP boost and for 1h you gain double BP). Iri Shards. Stuff people want. THAT way people will grind the hell out of them and keep doing it.
______________________
Additionally:
1) Make it so that in the character selection page you may move characters around in the order you wish. So people can move their favorite on top (like drag and drop).
2) Tooltips of obtained "random items" popping and having to wait for the animation of the pop up window is such a bother after the 1m time. Please put an option to remove that or remove that animation thing completely.
Comments
Grinding for BP as a survivor is like trying to squeeze blood from a stone. Seriously, if I do a "BP Gained / (Queue time + Game time)" calculation, I'm about to cry, because it's terrible. Sometimes you sit in 5 - 10 minute queues, and get sacrificed first, and leave the trial with ~5-7k BP. Wonderful, enough to buy an item from the bloodweb. Let's say hypothetically that I was in a 5 minute queue, the game lasted 3 minutes, and I earned 7k BP. That is a fat 875 BP per minute! I don't know how people who only play survivor stick with this game. As a killer, even when having a bad game, I can still earn ~20k BP + potentially 4x that amount with BBQ, and never mind the instant killer queues. And don't get me started on WGLF, that perk is not the same as BBQ, and getting stacks for it immediately puts me in harms way.
Bloodpoint gain for survivors is miserable. If survivors have a bad game, they make it out with next to nothing, yet a killer who has a bad game earns almost an order of magnitude more points.
There should be a flat number of BP earned per game, for argument's sake, let's say 15k BP. If the survivor finishes the trial either by escaping or dying, and earns less than 15k BP, they get awarded at least 15k BP for their efforts. If they earn more than 15K BP, they get whatever they earned in game, and don't get the flat number of BP added. I'd go one step further with this idea, and add an extra 1k BP for every minute spent sitting in queue, just because. It's not my fault the game can't find me matches faster so that I can earn BP.
Considering the massive grind that keeps getting worse with every new chapter, I don't really understand why the developers are so miserly about Bloodpoints. We could get a permanent 5x gain on Bloodpoints, and it still wouldn't break the game. Earning Bloodpoints, especially as a new survivor, is a miserable experience, and and is responsible for why this game isn't appealing for new players. It shouldn't take hundreds of hours to unlock everything on the base game alone, never mind all the DLC Characters. It is a literal trail of tears to get the perks you want on the characters you want to play, for no good reason other than "just because that's the way it has always been".