Perks / Grind / Bloodwebs
Many people have proposed that the perk tiers be removed, to help with the grind. It would help a lot, and also help new players get more perks sooner. It would also make the code much cleaner.
I know that the devs mentioned in the last Q&A that they are not planning to remove perk tiers, but do something different. I really hope that they do not plan to get rid of the bloodweb system. Doing bloodwebs is genuinely one of the things in DBD that I really enjoy. I love the sounds, I love the branches, the whole system. I'd really hate to see that taken away.
The devs mentioned that they aren't considering removing the perk tiers, 'cause the grind is likely to become a problem again in the future. However, the future is far away. Why not do a simple thing right now ? Remove the perk tiers and see how the community responds. I could bet that you'd get zero negative feedback for this. In fact, people would love it. It would make the coding and the DBD experience much easier, it's a win-win! Then in the future, when the grind starts getting a bit too much again, then do consider further simplifying the grind. But for now, removing perk tiers (67% of the grind) would be a huge help, AND it would help your player base / sales / reputation.
Please, devs, don't be stubborn. Listen to your community. You've seen many times now that we love when you listen to us, and many people get upset when you force something against our will, which makes the DBD gaming experience worse. Let's make this game together.
Comments
"Please, devs, don't be stubborn. Listen to your community"
First time here? LOL It's well known that BHVR doesn't listen much to their community. There's a reason why you continue to see the same questions pop up in every Q&A stream that they have. The spaghetti coding holding this game together just continues to break this game with every new chapter released. I want to see less of a grind as well (amongst many other things), but BHVR needs to heavily prioritize game health first, and they simply won't do that because they want to keep making money, game health be damned.
I agree that game health is very important, but making perks much easier to obtain would make more people play the game, and not be frustrated with the grind. Especially the new players.
Please, for the love of god, do this!!! The absolute biggest turnoff for newer players is the insane grind/lack of bloodpoints. Every single person ive tried to get to play this game has quit cuz it takes hundreds of hours just to unlock decent perks. People see a fun build online, get the game, then quickly realize theyre never gonna have the time to actually unlock that build on a character they wanna play. Theres only so many times someone can fully unlock slippery meat before they lose their effin minds! Hell, i have multiple characters at level 50 that dont even have their OWN perks maxed out. I got head on from the shrine like 75 games hours ago n havent had it pop up on a single bloodweb....thats just ridiculous