Personal/Player Mentality
As a Killer, I always:
-Camp someone out of the game if I down them within 1-2 minutes of the match starting (depending on my killer choice, this may not be feasible).
-Try to camp really good loopers / chase leads out of the game / prioritize them after a rescue.
-Bring FD if there are 2+ items in the lobby, and prioritize toolbox users as targets.
-Run (BBQ, Ruin, NOED + Filler) or (BBQ, Enduring, Spirit Fury, and Ruin).
-Say GG after every game, even if it's a blowout or 4k.
As a Survivor (usually solo) I always:
-Run Self-Care, Decisive Strike, Kindred, and Filler (usually an Exhaust perk or We'll Make It).
-If both are visible, prioritize totems over generators.
-I don't wave my arms to indicate a camping killer, as that generally informs the killer that someone is near.
-Work through Ruin if it's present and I don't find the totem prior to a generator.
-Seldom bring items, but I am working on my flashlight skills.
-I will run loops for as long as a killer allows me, particularly if they refuse to break a good/God pallet.
-If someone else is doing a good job at stalling the killer, but gets hooked, I'll prioritize their safe rescue and healing if it is feasible to do so.
-I LOVE!!! when I get outplayed by a great killer using perks, add-ons, mind games, and bloodlust effectively.
-Say GG after every game regardless of outcome.
I think some of the main toxicity within the game comes from people thinking that it's "their game/match," when we're all playing the same game against each other, trying to do well and entertain ourselves. I think this is where much of the sense of entitlement comes from.
If I'm camped or genrushed, I try to understand the scenarios that lead to it, though you can never account someone "just feeling like it."
I guess it just blows my mind that such a toxic mentality exists over certain methods of killing and surviving in a video game about killing and surviving @_@
Ultimately, though, the only person responsible for one's own behavior, sodium levels, and mentality, is oneself.
-Camp someone out of the game if I down them within 1-2 minutes of the match starting (depending on my killer choice, this may not be feasible).
-Try to camp really good loopers / chase leads out of the game / prioritize them after a rescue.
-Bring FD if there are 2+ items in the lobby, and prioritize toolbox users as targets.
-Run (BBQ, Ruin, NOED + Filler) or (BBQ, Enduring, Spirit Fury, and Ruin).
-Say GG after every game, even if it's a blowout or 4k.
As a Survivor (usually solo) I always:
-Run Self-Care, Decisive Strike, Kindred, and Filler (usually an Exhaust perk or We'll Make It).
-If both are visible, prioritize totems over generators.
-I don't wave my arms to indicate a camping killer, as that generally informs the killer that someone is near.
-Work through Ruin if it's present and I don't find the totem prior to a generator.
-Seldom bring items, but I am working on my flashlight skills.
-I will run loops for as long as a killer allows me, particularly if they refuse to break a good/God pallet.
-If someone else is doing a good job at stalling the killer, but gets hooked, I'll prioritize their safe rescue and healing if it is feasible to do so.
-I LOVE!!! when I get outplayed by a great killer using perks, add-ons, mind games, and bloodlust effectively.
-Say GG after every game regardless of outcome.
I think some of the main toxicity within the game comes from people thinking that it's "their game/match," when we're all playing the same game against each other, trying to do well and entertain ourselves. I think this is where much of the sense of entitlement comes from.
If I'm camped or genrushed, I try to understand the scenarios that lead to it, though you can never account someone "just feeling like it."
I guess it just blows my mind that such a toxic mentality exists over certain methods of killing and surviving in a video game about killing and surviving @_@
Ultimately, though, the only person responsible for one's own behavior, sodium levels, and mentality, is oneself.
Comments
As survivor I vary depending on situation. I know lately I have been playing with swf groups so they will always be altruistic so I tend to have perks to help with doing the gens and an exhaustion perk.
Also in a game I will see if I have done enough to pip. If I feel I have, I will go for saves etc, even if kamikaze
Sometimes I'll go back for an unnecessary/risky save, but generally only if we've had some kind of positive interaction during the match.
Im a good sportsman too :chuffed:
There's no excuse for rude/racist/threatening post game chats.
People really need to own their own mistakes/gameplay.
There are obviously a couple of scenarios where this is a moot point, but in 99% of games, there's no one else to blame.