DDOS Information and Internet Security Update?

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums but I'll keep it as concise as possible. Does anybody have any follow up information in patch notes or updates that address the internet security and DDOS issues that have been occurring since November? I know that there was official statements about following internet safety such as using a VPN or trying to make some settings private (including delaying streams or hiding the names of your lobbies if live-streaming, also adjusting what information is available in the settings of Steam for PC) to improve on safety.

As much as I am excited about the game and keep involved with communities, I was just wondering if there was any official word on improving the stated issues of loopholes of being able to acquire another player's IP address in the same lobby. I know some people have said "Don't play if you aren't comfortable then." or "You're not a big enough deal to be messed around with so don't worry about a DDOS attack." which I understand and can agree with, but the possible chance of it makes me hesitant to play regardless.

If anybody has constructive information regarding a solution that has already been in place, or even a statement that it is being addressed and worked on outside of a "report on a case-by-case basis", I would greatly appreciate it since I know my friend group would love to play the game again. Thank you all for reading through this and hope to hear some positive stuff soon! :)

TL;DR: Are there any updates about the issues of DDOS-ing players that have started since November?

Comments

  • There's not gonna be any sort of detail information about any fixes or security updates they've done. Any information whatsoever that they give what they have done the hackers can and will use that information to make it easier for them to hack.

  • That makes sense, I figure if they kept it very vague like "Fixed issues with IP address availability from matchmaking" in patch notes, it wouldn't really give any information for what was done and still addresses the issue. I'm not the most knowledgeable but I can't imagine saying something like that in patch notes would really give any more information than what's already out there.