Killer perks tierlist

image.png

Do you somewhat agree or not? and why? etc.

Comments

  • Just for context, are you rating these based on how effective you think they are or how much you like to use them? For example, a lot of killers think NOED is a solid perk but don’t use it because it doesn’t fit their playstyle.

  • @dugman said:

    Just for context, are you rating these based on how effective you think they are or how much you like to use them? For example, a lot of killers think NOED is a solid perk but don’t use it because it doesn’t fit their playstyle.

    How strong they are (generaly speaking). Of course some perks can be better on one killer than the other and some only usefull for only some small group of killers / playstyles.

  • So is it based on what they are on paper... or in use

    Don't get me wrong... I agree with most of the list but just have that question

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    So is it based on what they are on paper... or in use

    Don't get me wrong... I agree with most of the list but just have that question

    In use.

  • I always find these things interesting although honestly I can’t remember all the icons so it’s a bit confusing looking at a big table of them. But that’s a “me problem”. 🤷‍♂️

    Just at a glance, from my own perspective

    • Ruin is good but maybe not S Tier since it does get removed pretty quickly. Even with Undying keeping it around longer it still gets taken out and that’s two perks just to do that one effect. Plus Call of Brine does a similar sort of effect now, can’t be removed since it’s not a Hex, and has the bonus of giving noise alerts when someone uses a kicked gen. Ruin is still good but I’d put it maybe A tier.
    • Undying might also be A Tier. Certainly on its own it’s a lot weaker. But in combo with other Hexes is pretty useful.
    • I think BBQ and Chili is a bit overrated unless you’re using it for bloodpoints. If you don’t care about that bloodpoint bonus there are better perks.
    • Hex Pentimento being A tier seems high. Its effect is potentially pretty good but it’s tough to consistently get to work very well since it relies on the survivors cleansing multiple totems.
    • I’m not a big fan of Bamboozle. In a lot of cases you’re better off not vaulting through a window to block it when you can just try and game the loop instead. It has good use in certain situations but not enough for me to put it in A tier.
    • Lightborn at C tier seems high. Flashlights really aren’t that big a deal typically, and in fact if survivors are intentionally going for flashlight saves that’s a sign they’re wasting a lot of time they could have spent on gens instead. It’s certainly fun to see the auras of flashlighters when they try and blind you but honestly it’s more a fun gimmick than a useful perk.
    • I think Surveillance at C tier is a bit low, especially considering you have Ruin as S Tier. Surveillance is a strong tracking perk when combined with any other perk that entices you to put gens into regression like Ruin, Call of Brine, or even Oppression or Jolt.
    • I think Remember Me is objectively worse than No Way Out. The latter blocks the exits for a solid 60 seconds plus gives a noise alert letting you know which way to go. Remember me only blocks them a shorter time and has no tracking info. In my opinion they don’t belong in the same tier.
    • Agitation as B Tier seems a little high. It’s seeing more use now with the Boil Over buff and Scourge Hooks being used more often, but even against Boil Over I’ve found I don’t really need Agitation to get hooks. I’d probably put it at C tier.
    • Fire Up is F Tier, it’s pretty damn useless. By the time its effect is even noticeable four or five gens are done, and even then the effect isn’t that big a deal. Awful perk.
    • I think Deerstalker is slightly underrated. It’s surprising when you make a mental note to keep track of it how often you are in a situation where you’ve slugged someone, chased another person off, and them spend 10 or 15 seconds looking for the person you slugged because they either crawled into a bush or corner or you accidentally got turned around where you downed them. It’s actually a perks I enjoy using as a filler, probably C tier.
    • Hangman’s Trick is hot garbage, F Tier. Let me put it this way, the effect is so bad that even if it was on all the time I’m not sure if people would use the perk. But it only is on when you’re carrying someone. Terrible.
    • Beast of Prey is F Tier. Stealth is great between chases to get close, it’s much much less useful when you’re already in a chase since the survivor already sees you and knows you’re there. I’ve tried to get value out of this one and it’s just pointless.
    • Bloodhound is one of my favorite perks, I use it all the time. Yeah, you can potentially see blood without it, but it’s almost impossible to miss seeing blood with it plus it makes the trails last a few seconds longer which further helps chase down injured survivors. Plus unlike Nurse’s Calling it’s not effected by Shadowstep or Distortion and works no matter what the survivor is doing.
    • I’ve actually been getting some value out of combining Dying Light with Dark Devotion recently. If I chase someone who isnt the Obsession I can hook them and increase the speed penalty on survivors. Or if I chase the Obsession I can hit them once, let them run away, and now I’m Undetectable for a while to ambush someone else. So at least in that combo Dying Light has been doing ok, maybe enough to be C Tier.
    • Whispers is definitely better than F Tier. It’s a good way to get close to survivors right at the start of the match, and unlike Lethal Pursuer it’s also useful later in the match when you are trying to track down the last one or two survivors (e.g. you have one survivor, they’re trying to open a gate, Whispers immediately tells you which gate they’re near.) Plus knowing how Whispers works mean you can even triangulate pretty precisely where the survivor might be, and it even works on survivors crouching or hiding in lockers.
    • I’m fond of Predator 3. It’s not a fantastic perk, but it’s fun having this bit glowing trail chasing someone. Also it does have a niche use with Spirit since she can very easily follow a Predator trail while phased out which can help a bit if someone is using Iron Will against them. So not a great perk, but I’d probably put it in D Tier.
  • NOED doesn't belong in S tier imo. Maybe A or B.

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    NOED doesn't belong in S tier imo. Maybe A or B.

    Almost no one plays around NOED (aka cleansing all totems), Survivors like to use their boons + also there is that Artist hex that punish people for doing bones.

    Why do you think it is one of the most hated killer perk for survivors? If it was B or A tier perk. It can turn bad games into ezi 3-4K.

  • I don't think Ruin really belongs in S tier at all. Although it can do more damage than any of the other regression perks that's entirely conditional on it actually staying up longer than 2 minutes which often doesn't happen.

    Gift of Pain is also C tier at best. It's easily countered by anyone with a medkit or self care (or just being near COH which is common enough) by 99ing your heal to avoid the repair penalty until the killer finds you again, so you basically just lose 4 seconds healing and that's it.

    Blood Favor and Mindbreaker are somewhere in B imo. Old blood favor was D tier, new blood favor is actually alright.

    Beast of Prey and Overwhelming Presence are straight up F tier. They do pretty much nothing at all.

    I also don't think bamboozle is good enough to be in A. It's certainly useful on m1 killers and killers like cannibal but it also ends up being useless a lot of the time depending on the map. Like if you load into gideon's with it you basically have 3 perks. Mostly the same on midwich EXCEPT for the office where you can trap people by not breaking the wall but most survivors only go in there if they have nowhere else to go.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2851069#Comment_2851069

    Almost no one plays around NOED (aka cleansing all totems), Survivors like to use their boons + also there is that Artist hex that punish people for doing bones.

    Why do you think it is one of the most hated killer perk for survivors? If it was B or A tier perk. It can turn bad games into ezi 3-4K.

    It doesn't at least not against good survivors. Good survivors either see someone get hit then leave or notice you are zooming then leave, if they are super balsy or in a SWF and really want to save the 4th guy they will find the totem and avoid chases at any means.

    NOED is hated for being a 2nd chance perk and everyone hates second chance perks. Current DS is not an amazing perk yet still you see killers hating on it. NOED feels unfair cause out of nowhere the killer is faster and can one shot with no prior warning or any skill throughout the match.

  • Certainly dont think undying is anywhere near S tier, It's trash.

  • S-tier: Mad Grit, Shadowborn, Monstrous Shrine

    Garbage: The rest

    You’re welcome.

  • Hoarder above oppression? Hoarder is only useful on one killer.