What I miss about dbd before so many changes happened and why I hate the game now

  1. Old Trickster, before the last changes he got, for some reason I feel like I was way better with trickster before they changed him, now he feels slower and different and I hate it compared to how he felt before.
  2. Deahtslinger, they killed him, simple as that.
  3. No SBMM, rank wasn't perfect in any way but freaking hell there wasn't meta over meta over meta every single ######### game and we could relax for 2-3 games before having 1 hard one which was making the game fun and relaxing and at times challenging, now it's just pure stress and annoyance.
  4. Making weekly streams answering questions from the community, I loved those things, we could get some information about subjects we were curious about or worried about and asking if changes are on their way, we had some answers or expectations weekly and it made it so much better, I miss those weekly streams.
  5. Maps layout before their rework, before their rework the maps were OKAY at the very best but now they are the most survivor sided things ever, the game, coldwind farms, these maps are so survivor sided I nearly want to DC each time I am into coldwind farm now, they are so bad, idk how the devs designed those maps but and idk how they got approved, they are bad.

Things they acutally never do

  1. Quality of life changes
  2. Answering questions we ask instead of simply saying soon
  3. Doing changes we cry about for so long or if they do they do it after 3 years
  4. Buffing killers that are having a hard time
  5. Reworking tiles/maps that are broken.


I am tired of this team of devs, I am sure they love what they do and love their game, but for ######### sake, PROVE IT AND WORK FASTER AND DO MORE, stop doing 4 dlc every year, do 3 dlc and work more on game features and content isntead of totally focusing on new one and leaving main issues untouched, it's not giving extra bloodpoints for playing a specific role that will fix the issues, stop giving the game band-aids and do ######### surgeries to fix it!

Comments

  • I miss all of these things too, sadly the right game in wrong hands

  • @KateDunson said:

    I miss all of these things too, sadly the right game in wrong hands

    indeed....this great game was in good hands back in the days, they've changed........they got greedy and lazy

  • @cutiekiller said:

    1. Old Trickster, before the last changes he got, for some reason I feel like I was way better with trickster before they changed him, now he feels slower and different and I hate it compared to how he felt before.
    2. Deahtslinger, they killed him, simple as that.
    3. No SBMM, rank wasn't perfect in any way but freaking hell there wasn't meta over meta over meta every single ######### game and we could relax for 2-3 games before having 1 hard one which was making the game fun and relaxing and at times challenging, now it's just pure stress and annoyance.
    4. Making weekly streams answering questions from the community, I loved those things, we could get some information about subjects we were curious about or worried about and asking if changes are on their way, we had some answers or expectations weekly and it made it so much better, I miss those weekly streams.
    5. Maps layout before their rework, before their rework the maps were OKAY at the very best but now they are the most survivor sided things ever, the game, coldwind farms, these maps are so survivor sided I nearly want to DC each time I am into coldwind farm now, they are so bad, idk how the devs designed those maps but and idk how they got approved, they are bad.

    Things they acutally never do

    1. Quality of life changes
    2. Answering questions we ask instead of simply saying soon
    3. Doing changes we cry about for so long or if they do they do it after 3 years
    4. Buffing killers that are having a hard time
    5. Reworking tiles/maps that are broken.

    I am tired of this team of devs, I am sure they love what they do and love their game, but for ######### sake, PROVE IT AND WORK FASTER AND DO MORE, stop doing 4 dlc every year, do 3 dlc and work more on game features and content isntead of totally focusing on new one and leaving main issues untouched, it's not giving extra bloodpoints for playing a specific role that will fix the issues, stop giving the game band-aids and do ######### surgeries to fix it!

    1. Never enjoyed Trickster, so I don't really have an opinion here.
    2. Yes to Deathslinger. He doesn't suck, but he feels like he sucks. And that's almost as bad.
    3. I disagree. The issue isn't SBMM - SBMM was a good idea and has definitely improved my match quality overall. The issues are that a. SBMM poops the bed maybe 1 game in 5, and b. the meta of this game is a touch stale. High MMR matches always tend to be 'meta' in any game. The difference was, under ranks, you'd frequently be paired with opponents way worse than you. That was fun for the more experienced player(s), but not so much for the others.
    4. More communication would be a great idea. There was a period where the devs were very chatty on the forums too, but that seems to have stopped.
    5. Eh...Coldwind is better than it used to be, by a mile. Ditto Ormond (remember the frigging god-vault into the main structure?). The only map that feels unambiguously worse is The Game - aka Pallet Hell.

    As to things they never do:

    1. They do add these, just way, way too slowly. It feels like taking a step back from crowbarring more DLC in and doing a huge QOL patch would be a good idea, but that's just not the industry anymore.
    2. Yeah.
    3. Yes...but who exactly do they listen to? That's the thing.
    4. YES. Onryo, Pig, Billy, Bubba, Clown, Trapper, Wraith, Legion, Ghostface, Freddy and Pyramid Head need at the very least a serious addon pass or tweaks to their kit.
    5. Yes, no argument here. Swamp and Badham immediately come to mind.
  • Trickster didn't need the knife count nerf, that's for sure. Deathslinger didn't need any of his nerfs. MMR in theory is fine, but these devs just couldn't handle it. MMR at least is bringing the balance problems to light. The new maps were only a visual improvement over the old ones. We were headed towards balanced maps, and then they just decided to bring back god loops because "you can just break the breakable walls." So before and after the the remaster, the maps had awful design. The game definitely is survivor sided, but that's not gonna change anytime soon. Boons have changed things, and there's no going back.

  • When they fixed the god loops on the original maps they were perfect but welp nvm they got remastered lol

  • 3. Every of those "relaxed games meant a stomp or being outclassed for the respective opposite side. It was only this way because everyone and their mother managed to reach red ranks just like today iri grade even without the scrapped depipping between grades.

    SBMMR would be the right way but only when the devs would also start to balance accordingly. The game balance wasn't perfect before SBMMR and still isn't now.

    Some of us even wanted SBMMR to have some sort of fix point to balance around since it would need some in this game full of rng.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    When they fixed the god loops on the original maps they were perfect but welp nvm they got remastered lol

    fact.....