Sensitivity for precision actions - console

Hello!


I have gameplay improvement suggestion for DBD console, but first I’d like to apologize if what I’m about to say has been posted before or if I chose the wrong tab to post. I’m new to the forum.


Dead by daylight have several interactions that requires greater precision than others. These include ranged attacks, use of certain special abilities for killers, and flashlights for survivors. 


Greater precision requires finer aim which necessitates reducing sensitivity from the controls tab, while sacrificing the ability to either flick hard with the basic attack (when survivors try to dodge a hit), or while quickly scouting around as a kiler, or while rotating the camera fast while looping or quickly checking the distance with a killer while running straight as a survivor.


These precision actions are:


-Huntress while winding up a hatchet

-Deathslinger while aiming with the redeemer

-Demogorgan while charging shred attack

-Pyramidhead while in the Rites Of Judgment preparing for a Punishment of the Damned attack

-Twins while charging a pounce attack with victor

-Trickster while winding up or throwing blades

-Nemesis while charging a Tentacle Strike

-Cenobite while directing a possessed chain

-Nurse while charging a blink

-Plague while charging & unleashing vile purge

-Hillbilly while charging his chainsaw

-The artist while charging birds of torment (controversial)

-Doctor while charging shock therapy (controversial)

-And finally, aiming with a flashlight for survivors.


Many games, especially first person shooters, have adopted to this problem by adding an ADS (aim down sights) sensitivity in addition to the hip (free roam) sensitivity.


Due to the fact that controllers are harder to aim with than a computer mouse, and since both of these sensitivities are much needed with their own parameters, I’m proposing an addition of a new controls tab feature called “ADS (or Special Ability or Precision) Sensitivity”, with a separate adjustable parameter.


Thanks for reading along.


Yours, 

A lifelong fan.

Comments

  • First of all: welcome to the forums! And don’t worry you posted in the right section.

    this has been often requested, but since we still haven’t heard back from the devs or community mods about this, I think it’s fine to ask for this even if it’s been asked for before - especially as it is definitely a much needed feature and you commented on it in a very reasonable and constructive way! We need more of this in the community.