MMR Ridiculousness (Sort of rant)
I'm just going to be blunt, this MMR system sucks. I know it's been said many times before, but I've been hit by bad MMR matches hard tonight and wanted to share my experiences so far with the MMR system.
Can't play killer because I get matched with sweaty bully squads and get gen rushed to death. On top of that I get the most survivor sided maps and paired with multiple SWF groups, which is miserable to deal with. I don't even have fun as killer anymore, I only play for the BP and challenges, which now I can't even get because of the MMR system pairing me with these type of teams. I literally have to result to tunnelling and camping just to get at least one kill and sometimes even that isn't enough.
As for the survivor side of things, I get paired with the most clueless and selfish survivors. I mainly play solo survivor and I'm used to getting the occasional bad team, but this is every match now. I've had my teammates sit on gens and heal each other in corners while I sat on hook until I almost die. The killer could be chasing someone else, not even near and my teammates will still goof around and not help. I feel like I have to play more selfishly just to have a slight chance of escaping or getting decent BP.
This MMR system is severely flawed and needs serious work done to it. I'm not the only one affected by this, either. Many other players get matched with others who are above or below their skill level. It's really frustrating to get paired with players like these.
I highly doubt anything is going to be done about it, but I really hope something happens. This is ridiculous.
Comments
MMR system is better than prior system because you aren't locked on to sweatiest MMR anymore, if you don't like sweat, just go down the way.
Problem is on matchmaking itself, not the rating.
You're right about the teammates. It's like they don't want to win, and you escaping is just a game of chance whether you got a decent team or not. It's easy for survivors to escape if they just try! They make it so difficult!