Sadako Thoughts

Generally, Sadako is okay. Not particularly amazing, but not the worst killer ever. That's fine, honestly. Not every killer needs to be at the top of tier lists, and her not having a real chasing power isn't what's hurting her. We've had killers without chasing powers before do alright.

However, this weakness combined with Sadako's shortcomings is crippling. Let me go over some of her problems.

Condemnation

In its current state, Condemnation does nothing.

I'm not expecting to be getting kills here. That's not the issue. The issue is that the build-up is so slow, that there's never a reason to interact with the tapes. You solely get condemned by Sadako teleporting, and needing to do that 7 times makes it impractical to force while also being too high to proc in normal gameplay.

Sadako needs a second method of adding condemned. Maybe 1 stack per health state of Damage (health state; not getting a thing through endurance) or something. I don't know. I just know that its current state is inoffensive to survivors to the point they need to be trying to die.

Projection

Projection itself is fine. What isn't fine is the cooldown.

100 seconds if you use it vs 60 seconds if a survivor disables it.

Not only is 100 seconds extremely punishing on misuse, I find it baffling that it's a massive 40 second difference from a survivor turning it off. Why is a survivor expected to turn off TVs, when letting you teleport is 1) Safer because you don't need to carry a tape, 2) Condemnation builds so slowly, 3) it's generally just smarter to memorize where the TVs are and prepare yourself when you hear the teleport.

I think the cooldown for teleporting should be the same as if a survivor disables it.

Shortness

IT'S NOT FAIR! WHY IS SHE SO CUTE!!!

Okay, but seriously. For the most part, her being short is an asset. It lets you mind game certain tiles, makes her harder to see coming, etc etc.

The problem is her shortness has one of the drawbacks of Low POV Blight. That being, sometimes during those clutch last-second hits during a window vault, your height means that you impact with the hitbox of the window instead of a survivor. This even occurs if you attempt to raise your camera from looking up, so there's no workaround either.

This one is a bit complex, so I don't see it getting fixed any time soon (if ever) but worth mentioning.

Spine Chill

Something I forgot to mention originally.

She's a stealth killer. Stealth killers are still countered by Spine Chill...

Comments