Making Sadako's Projection more viable and more fun to use!
Sadako isn't by any means the worst Killer in the game, but I think there is room for improvements.
Televisions
Sadako's main strength from my ~25 games with her was suprising Survivors mid-chase with the TV Projection, sadly there currently is a very long cooldown when Sadako projects onto her TVs, so the most fun part about her power cannot be used very often, so I suggest a few changes to her Projection and TVs.
- Decresed the cooldown when Sadako projects onto a TV to 60 seconds.
- Increased the cooldown when a Survivor interacts with a TV to 90 seconds.
Sadako can now use her TVs more often on her own, but in exchange Survivors can disable them for longer.
This way Survivors actually take a risk, if they want to disable her power for quite some time, they have to waste their own time and also risk getting a lot of Condemnation, so they or their friends can do a Generator peacefully.
Projection
With the change to the TV's cooldowns, it can get quite frustrating for Sadako, since she doesn't have to notice when the TVs turned off, so I suggest another change.
- When a Survivor's Condemnation progress increases by any means, they are revealed to Sadako by the Killer's Instinct for 1.5 seconds.
Sadako now gains the knowledge on roughly when and where the Survivors are turning her TVs off, which would also help with Projection mid-chase, to know where to zoooom.
I would also love another change to her Projection that would make mid-chase teleporting more worth with without loosing much distance.
- Increased the post-Projection movement speed duration to 2 seconds from 1.5 seconds.
The way the Bloody Fingernails add-on makes her zoom for much longer makes her so much more fun and viable. So I think part of the add-on should be made base-kit.
Add-ons
Since I switched and decreased the cooldowns for the TV Projection, I think it would be a good idea to switch the values and rarities of the Cabin Sign add-on and Well Stone add-on.
- So now the Well Stone is a common add-on that decreases the cooldown of manually turned off TVs by 12 seconds.
- The Cabin Sign is a uncommon add-on that decreases the Projection TV cooldown by 6 seconds.
Also since I changed the post-Projection movement speed duration from 1.5 seconds to 2 seconds, the Bloody Fingernails add-on should be reduced slightly.
- Make it instead of increasing the duration by 50%, increase the duration by 0.25 seconds.
There is also one add-on that I really dislike, and that's the Mother's Comb add-on which shows the TVs in yellow when they are turned off, since I added the Killer's Instinct ability to Sadako's base-kit, I think this add-on should be reworked to increase the Killer's Instinct duration a little bit.
- Increases the Killer's Instinct duration when a Survivor's Condemnation progress increases by 1.5 seconds.
I think these changes would make her projection much more fun to use, but what do you think?
Comments
I just don't see her being enjoyable to play until manifesting provides some form of benefit in a chase.
I mean, what could it do? I don't want her to be just a Wraith with extra steps and fancy visual effects.