looks like what happens when the game hasn't fully installed yet. check if the entire game has installed (bc ik on playstation at least it can do a funny thing where the basic game installs and then you can open it but it has to install the rest).
Sometimes I get the option to start DBD on my Xbox while it's still downloading an update, saying "Ready to start" I think.
When i did the game kept crashing, and it unequiped the loadouts of all my characters as well. Was quite annoying having to put back on every perk and cosmetic onto everyone.
crisis averted. I was being stupid. I moved dbd and some other games to my extended storage to free up space I had to copy dbd in order to play it. it turns out the geme was still downloading that's why I couldn't do anything.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
looks like what happens when the game hasn't fully installed yet. check if the entire game has installed (bc ik on playstation at least it can do a funny thing where the basic game installs and then you can open it but it has to install the rest).
Are you a brand-new player? Do you need to complete the tutorial first?
Edit: Ok, I'm guessing you aren't based on your profile, but I think it does make new players complete the tutorial first.
You need to wait until the game is fully installed, if it's still installing in the background the menus will be locked.
Sometimes I get the option to start DBD on my Xbox while it's still downloading an update, saying "Ready to start" I think.
When i did the game kept crashing, and it unequiped the loadouts of all my characters as well. Was quite annoying having to put back on every perk and cosmetic onto everyone.
Now I patiently let any update finish.
crisis averted. I was being stupid. I moved dbd and some other games to my extended storage to free up space I had to copy dbd in order to play it. it turns out the geme was still downloading that's why I couldn't do anything.