A Better Second Iridescent for Ghost Face

It's my opinion that while the Outdoor Security Camera (aura reading for anyone outside your Terror Radius for a marked down) is a perfectly legitimate and fine iridescent design, I really don't like Ghost Face Caught On Tape. Faster lean-stalking is just kind of a boring effect for an iridescent and balancing that out with a nerf to regular stalking just doesn't do enough to inform a playstyle or give you a lot of value.

So, here's what I'd propose instead, to preserve the idea of Ghosty's iridescents being pretty simple but impactful as well as lean into his theming as a character: Marked survivors have their auras revealed for the duration of the Mark.

You generally don't want to chase a Marked survivor normally with Ghost Face, but an iridescent that not only lets you do that, but makes it more potent than chasing normally without the Mark, would be a very solid design without being OP; it can only be present on maybe two survivors at a time, and you can only capitalise on one survivor having it anyway even if the whole team gets Marked somehow.

What do we think? Would that iridescent see use, would it be strong enough, maybe too strong if I missed something?

Comments

  • That’d be pretty strong but for an iridescent it might be okay. Idk. It’s definitely better than what we have now. Maybe it should show the survivor’s aura intermittently (eg. for 3 seconds once every 10 seconds) but not constantly.

    If it’s still too good it could maybe get balanced out by shorter mark duration (default is 45 seconds), but I like the idea.

  • Constant wallhacks on marked survivors? That would be too strong.

    I personally think Ghost Face Caught On Tape is a good addon, I don't get why people sleep on it so much. It lets you get stalks that you otherwise wouldn't be able to, especially in chase. The downside isn't super significant either considering that you shouldn't really be stalking without leaning in the first place.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    That’d be pretty strong but for an iridescent it might be okay. Idk. It’s definitely better than what we have now. Maybe it should show the survivor’s aura intermittently (eg. for 3 seconds once every 10 seconds) but not constantly.

    If it’s still too good it could maybe get balanced out by shorter mark duration (default is 45 seconds), but I like the idea.

    I like the shorter mark duration a little more than having it be intermittent- I also considered maybe making marking take a little longer so that you can actually mark from a distance while hidden, because you have 45 seconds of wallhacks to help make up for it on top of the Exposed status effect. Either one of those would be a good change, I think.


    @ReverseVelocity said:

    Constant wallhacks on marked survivors? That would be too strong.

    I personally think Ghost Face Caught On Tape is a good addon, I don't get why people sleep on it so much. It lets you get stalks that you otherwise wouldn't be able to, especially in chase. The downside isn't super significant either considering that you shouldn't really be stalking without leaning in the first place.

    ...Is it, though? Ghosty already doesn't want to actually chase a Marked survivor since he's on the clock to get value and survivors have a lot of tools for not getting hit quickly- all wallhacks would do is give him an edge that makes chasing more viable. It's not as though a Ghost Face with this suggested addon would be unbeatable, or even significantly stronger, you can still make use of strong tiles, you can still be proactive in revealing him so he doesn't actually proc the Mark to begin with...

    It's an iridescent, it should have a substantial impact on the match.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838031#Comment_2838031

    I like the shorter mark duration a little more than having it be intermittent- I also considered maybe making marking take a little longer so that you can actually mark from a distance while hidden, because you have 45 seconds of wallhacks to help make up for it on top of the Exposed status effect. Either one of those would be a good change, I think.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838032#Comment_2838032

    ...Is it, though? Ghosty already doesn't want to actually chase a Marked survivor since he's on the clock to get value and survivors have a lot of tools for not getting hit quickly- all wallhacks would do is give him an edge that makes chasing more viable. It's not as though a Ghost Face with this suggested addon would be unbeatable, or even significantly stronger, you can still make use of strong tiles, you can still be proactive in revealing him so he doesn't actually proc the Mark to begin with...

    It's an iridescent, it should have a substantial impact on the match.

    Outdoor security camera is all-about aura reading. Why not just add this effect on Outdoor security camera? Outdoor security camera is weak add-on for ghostface. it demands him to stalk for minimal information gain. The aura reading on other survivors globally across map has little value on a killer that has no mobility or chase capacity to capitalize on it.

    Myer's has similar add-on called Vanity mirror. I imagine that if dev made an add-on like this for ghostface, they would put drawback on it that survivors no longer become exposed during mark. In my opinion, survivor would just play more safe towards pallets and windows against add-on so I do not think it would that much of an impact.