BT change

Really wish BHVR would change BT (or at least make this a new perk) so that it instead just protects the person running it. I'm so tired of bringing BT to solo queue and getting teammates who don't bring it at all and so I get farmed and die meanwhile they're guaranteed a safe unhook from me.

Edit: Ignore the title. Instead of a BT change, just a new perk that protects the person running it.

Comments

  • @hex_uwu said:

    Really wish BHVR would change BT (or at least make this a new perk) so that it instead just protects the person running it. I'm so tired of bringing BT to solo queue and getting teammates who don't bring it at all and so I get farmed and die meanwhile they're guaranteed a safe unhook from me.

    Bt im pretty sure is intended to be a selfless perk on purpose. I agree it feels bad to unhook with bt but get farmed in return. But thats a price i pay as a bt runner. It's supposed to make the unhooker the killers suitable target since chasing the person with bt on them wastes time.

  • With so much camping and tunneling lately, Borrowed Time is a must perk.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/312788/bt-change

    Bt im pretty sure is intended to be a selfless perk on purpose. I agree it feels bad to unhook with bt but get farmed in return. But thats a price i pay as a bt runner. It's supposed to make the unhooker the killers suitable target since chasing the person with bt on them wastes time.

    I just had a game where all 3 of my teammates were not running BT. I was the only one. I was also apparently the only one who understood crouching against hag traps so after both unhooks she immediately appeared and I went straight down. DS saved me the first time, the second time I had nothing.

    I was the killer's target both times, she didn't care for or respect BT. Why would she? My teammates spent the whole game farming myself and each other so she knew she had nothing to worry about. I don't blame her at all.

    It's just frustrating.

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    With so much camping and tunneling lately, Borrowed Time is a must perk.

    I completely agree.

  • I've always kinda felt like BT was a bit overrated, not to say its not strong but I don't really want to get into that, but I feel like this change would be an objective nerf to the perk. One person running the perk now would be equivalent of three people (hypothetically) running it if they were to change it to this.

    The perk is effectively meant to be a selfless perk. Part of its strength is how common it is, so common that killers will often just expect it.

  • @hex_uwu said:

    Really wish BHVR would change BT (or at least make this a new perk) so that it instead just protects the person running it. I'm so tired of bringing BT to solo queue and getting teammates who don't bring it at all and so I get farmed and die meanwhile they're guaranteed a safe unhook from me.

    yes, that new perk is decisive strike. Decisive strike is self-BT but you need to hit the lockers.

    Another perk that is close to self-BT is Sprint burst. Sprint burst does however ban you from utilizing Dead hard.

  • BT used to do that... but the Devs got rid of it

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/312788/bt-change

    yes, that new perk is decisive strike. Decisive strike is self-BT but you need to hit the lockers.

    Another perk that is close to self-BT is Sprint burst. Sprint burst does however ban you from utilizing Dead hard.

    To be honest with you I made the post out of frustration over the match that I detailed to supersonic853 above. DS is good for one use whereas BT is good for both hook states. Sprint burst would not have helped me in that situation because I was downed before I could even take a step.

  • @Shaaei said:

    I've always kinda felt like BT was a bit overrated, not to say its not strong but I don't really want to get into that, but I feel like this change would be an objective nerf to the perk. One person running the perk now would be equivalent of three people (hypothetically) running it if they were to change it to this.

    The perk is effectively meant to be a selfless perk. Part of its strength is how common it is, so common that killers will often just expect it.

    I understand what you're saying and that's why I've edited my post to say a brand new perk.

    But BT was also created before they introduced the new MMR in which escapes = "skill". I don't care to escape every single game but it is incredibly frustrating when I sacrifice a perk slot to try and help my teammates and end up dead whilst they're running some variation of self-care/urban/spine chill and live. I guess I'm just not that good at hockey.

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    BT used to do that... but the Devs got rid of it

    That was probably a big mistake.

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    BT used to do that... but the Devs got rid of it

    The way BT used to be was, "When you unhook a survivor within the TR, you and the survivor both receive the endurance effect ONCE per match."

    This form of BT was both better, and worse. While a stronger effect, being limited to once a match meant that it could often see little to no use.

  • @Shaaei said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835307#Comment_2835307

    The way BT used to be was, "When you unhook a survivor within the TR, you and the survivor both receive the endurance effect ONCE per match."

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2835358#Comment_2835358

    This form of BT was both better, and worse. While a stronger effect, being limited to once a match meant that it could often see little to no use.

    I'd be fine if my BT affected myself only.

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    With so much camping and tunneling lately, Borrowed Time is a must perk.

    it's already becoming basekit, you guys haven't heard?

  • @hex_uwu said:

    Really wish BHVR would change BT (or at least make this a new perk) so that it instead just protects the person running it. I'm so tired of bringing BT to solo queue and getting teammates who don't bring it at all and so I get farmed and die meanwhile they're guaranteed a safe unhook from me.

    Edit: Ignore the title. Instead of a BT change, just a new perk that protects the person running it.

    I m a hardcore killermain since 2018 and i wouldnt care about bt as base kit if bhvr nerfs dead hard or sprint burst the amount of games i lost bc of that perks must be over 500 already

    And i will never understand why those perks are still in game at high mmr everysingle surv plays the same way loop ones than drop next pallet loop two times bc dead hard saves anyways for the past months playing any killer who has no anti loop abilty is straight up boring af