This is how the DLC models should look like

I really wonder why the DLC survivor models look so unrealistic/not as similar as in the movies. I found this on reddit, and honestly if a random guy can rework the models that good, why can't the devs do that?
Comments
Well, i'll help you stop wondering why they're made like that...
The ones holding the licenses to these characters look at what the devs create.
If they approve, it'll stay like that.
Apparently, they approve of these.
On a side note: WOW! Quentin is much younger than i assumed. (I never watched any NoES movies besides the first one.)
Im personally fine with Tapp the way he looks. Laurie and Quentin could use some love, but legal #########.
It's way more expensive to license someones look over their likeness, which is why they all look dodgy I'd wager a guess at.
These actually look really good! I wish they looked closer to what their characters are based on. I know they can't get something too close to the appearances of the actors/actresses without their consent but they could make them look more human. Looking at the comparison of Quentin Smith in the movie and game... yeesh.
Okay.
Owners of Laurie let developers make Laurie in the game.
Developers show the current version of Laurie in the game to the owners.
Owners say that's good.
Developers aren't allowed to use anything else but what has been approved by the owners.
Is that better?
So I guess the DbD devs had other reasons why the look so different
These are so much better lol
They have the license to the characters, not the actors that played them. That would cost extra and probably quite a hefty amount.
I'd say Tapp is pretty good as he is though.
Applause. Much better!
They bought the rights to the character and not necessarily the rights to the likeness of the actors. The guy who played Quentin had no clue he was in the game
https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/78ymoc/kyle_gallner_posting_about_quentin_smith_as_new/
I would imagine if they make a toy that looks like an actor they need some sort of permission as the actors own their face not the movie company.
It could also be the actors didn't want people virtually murdering them all day long...
Also I agree, I would be fine with tapp staying how he is rn, he already looks pretty similar in my eyes. The others 2 would be amazing to get changed
i do not like that lauries face.
i will mori any laurie with that face.
Only one of the characters from F13 was actually from a real movie and he isn't playable. The rest are people who have done next to nothing or voiceover and video game work made to look similar to the movie people.
Comparing any of them to even Kyle Gallner who is like a C list celeb is laughable because he's at least been in somewhat decent movies. Comparing them to the other two is even worse.
Don't you dare touch my crack addicted baby!