Make Macmillan Feel Like Itself Again
Remember old Macmillan? Brick walls scattered everywhere, lanterns attached to them that provided simple yet strangely ominous lighting, and of course, the unmistakable blue tint. Then, the rework came. Now, despite having a nice-looking shack, the map fails to retain the atmosphere it once had, unlike other maps have a certain air of eeriness that's provided through lighting or props.
Much like a plain bagel, it's serviceable, but kind of bland and without character. Just adding the blue tint again would bring a lot of spice back to the map. A nice layer of cream cheese, if you still want to stick to the bagel analogy. Not only does a blue tint make the map stand out, it delivers something that should always be present in Dead by Daylight- the novelty of feeling like you're in a classic slasher film.
I feel like a lot of maps are losing their charm when they get reworked. Maybe I've just been playing this game too long, but I'm scared that when other maps are modified they'll become shells of themselves. I'd hate to see another map just become a field with buildings in it.
Comments
I hope you continue to use the bagel analogy.
I wasn't gonna read the paragraph until I saw this comment.
Why wouldn't you want to read my paragraph :'(
I actually don’t miss those colored tints and don’t want to see them back. Especially because they don’t feel like old slasher movies imo. Now if you would be talking about the old fog (or preferably just a rework of the current fog because that one is ugly)….
Also them using the green tint for the Autohaven rework is also one of the reasons why that rework is one of the worst for me.
I wouldn't mind bringing back the blue tint, so long as the map doesn't get any darker as a result.
Unambiguously the best thing they've been doing with the map reworks is making them brighter so you can actually see on them, I desperately want them to continue that for the currently awfully dark maps.
You're goddamn right!
I didn't know there were bagels
fair