Furtive Chase
I really like this perk and I think the TR radius reduction should always apply not only in chase.
I think this perk will shake up the meta quite a bit in the good direction from the gen regression perks.
I really like this perk and I think the TR radius reduction should always apply not only in chase.
I think this perk will shake up the meta quite a bit in the good direction from the gen regression perks.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Yea but... then it'll be like DMS
dms is a gen regression perk
Yeah,furtive chase just reduces your TR
The perks synergizes well with info perks like Nurse's calling and Discordance, but it couldn't hurt to make getting stacks easier.
As someone already said... It's a Gen Blocking perk
They removed the Gen Regression from it
The problem is it's difficult to really introduce anything that decreases terror radius outside of a chase because Monitor already exists and stacking the two could get out of hand.
That said, Furtive Chase is still terrible despite its recent buff and does need some changes - but it should be changed in a different way.
Maybe have the reduced terror radius linger for so many seconds street ending a chase? Enable some level of snowball or surprise attack on someone who's otherwise not paying attention/ thinks you're in a chase elsewhere.
I mean the whole goal of perk is to reduce your TR. It does require 4 obsession's to be hooked. The only reliable way to switch obsession for hooking is to use Oni's Nemesis perk. Its 3 perk investment to make any killer stealthy. An entire build devoted to stealth.
right now, the perk is pretty worthless and no other change other than above one would make it redeeming perk to use.
I mean yeah you can use nemesis but you don’t need to since furtive chase switches the obsession every time the obsession is unhooked.
Don’t get me wrong, the perk sucks in its current form. But theoretically getting 4 hooks on obsessions and then having either an 8 or 0 meter TR outside of chase for the rest of the match would be kinda crazy.
One idea I had was to just give the perk an additional effect every time the obsession is hooked, such as a temporary speed boost or anything else really. And that’d be on top of what it does now.
that is what devour hope does. it gives temporary speed boosts after hooking. in theory, devour hope gives permanent instant down at 3 stacks and mori's at 5 stacks. yeah it is totem but the rewards for furtive chase right now for getting tokens is non-existed and even the rewards were lower TR. It is not exactly game-winning.
by comparison, a new perk for pinhead that recently came out is hex:plaything and that perk gives oblivious when you hook a survivor. oblivious is 32 to 0 instantly. I don't know how to put this but a lot of survivor just ignore hex:plaything because loss of TR just doesn't matter.
If you don't believe me, here's just an example. Ohtofu like 3 weeks ago was doing hex:pentimento challenge. As you can see, many games, you can't even get 4 plaything totems up and in odd case you do. the game is probably over by than. With furtive chase, its even worse because the obsession aspect of the perk forces tunnel vision as if you not going obsession, your perk is not stacking up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saIXss-f4V8Overall, the perk even at its functional state would probably not be that good, even though it sounds good on paper. This is ghostface perk so I'm not shocked at its poor effectiveness.
Honestly, if they made the reduction per stack 8 meters, it'd be useful sometimes without taking away from the theme of the perk. At 4 stacks you'd have no Terror Radius at all during a chase.
It would still be useless,maybe reduce TR ouside chase but stil get something,maybe just half like 8 outside chase.