Camping is part of the game. How can the devs possibly fix it?

I deffinatly used to get triggered from camping not gonna lie, but after 3k hours on the game I have come to accept just chillen on the hook while a bubba looks into my soul. So overall I jave come to the fact that camping is a game mechanic that a killer is allowed to used.

Yes camping is unfun but how would the devs counter it? BT base kit as a survivor main sounds nice but truly it is way to op.

My one suggestion is use pyramids head ability to apply to normal hooks. Whenever the killer stayes within a certain amount of meters of the hook the hook goes into the ground taking you with it and comes back up somewhere else around the map. Obviously the hook placemnts may get messed up but that's an easy fix.

For me I don't care about camping, but I know people actully care about rank and they care about getting better, so I do believe camping needs a change, but how?

Comments

  • The only camping that needs to change is Bubbi Bois ability to lock down a kill once he gets someone on hook. Problem is I don't trust the devs with touching him and not totally ruining him (just look at what they did to Twins). All other camping is fair game. Survivors should have a chance at saving someone, but it shouldn't ever be a guaranteed safe save and the killer should always be able to defend their hooked victim. Sure, sometimes it may take two people to make a rescue, but that's okay. It is a team role.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    The only camping that needs to change is Bubbi Bois ability to lock down a kill once he gets someone on hook. Problem is I don't trust the devs with touching him and not totally ruining him (just look at what they did to Twins). All other camping is fair game. Survivors should have a chance at saving someone, but it shouldn't ever be a guaranteed safe save and the killer should always be able to defend their hooked victim. Sure, sometimes it may take two people to make a rescue, but that's okay. It is a team role.

    This right here is a very intellectual mature post. We need more people like you on these forums. Thank you

  • The only way to properly reduce camping in a healthy manner is to incentivize/buff not-camping gameplay so that it's not as necessary as a strategy.

  • I think it's important for killers to have the ability to proxy camp as long as the maps are going to stay...the way they are. The issue with the design is that proxy camping is often the only viable thing you can do against proper survivor spacing and pacing. You can't play the whole map and win 12 chases on any killer if SBMM did its job, especially when you get into a really optimized setting where survivors will run to corners to die.

    Hard facecamping is a mechanic that's really tough to balance at all levels of play and all party compositions (solo and SWF). There are killers whose powers are really problematic in this area. Bubba is the posterchild, but Trickster, Huntress, Hag, and others all play around the hook very well.

    I'm personally of the opinion that you should just give survivors the information baseline that the killer is within X meters of the hook. If survivors then do nothing with that information, it's on them. But if they have the information to punish camping severely and it becomes a consistent counter, we might see less of it.

  • on another thread I read someone say they should be a pool for all survivors or something like that I liked it

    like all point got by the 4 survivors are all together I mean till one die then the points should stop for the one who die like I stay on the hook being camped if I knew I was still getting points wasting the killers time being on hook.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    on another thread I read someone say they should be a pool for all survivors or something like that I liked it

    like all point got by the 4 survivors are all together I mean till one die then the points should stop for the one who die like I stay on the hook being camped if I knew I was still getting points wasting the killers time being on hook.

    I think everyone should just get points based on match outcome, then bonuses based on whatever they accomplished (i.e. gens fixed, healing, saves etc)

  • You've gotta make chasing viable for all killers first. Then we can talk about camping punishment.

  • By punishing the killer for not playing the way survivors want.