Hatch Rework

The reason the hatch exists is so the last survivor has a chance to escape, the problems with the hatch include survivors waiting for their teammates to die and hatch stand offs with the killer who has already found the hatch (because the killer is more likely to find it first).

My solution/idea: Remove the key item from the game, make the hatch spawn open when there's only 1 survivor left, give the last survivor the exposed status effect and make it so the killer cannot pull the last survivor out of the hatch.

No more hatch camping, no more hatch stand off, and more incentivized to not be the last survivor and actually help your team do gens/waste the killers time.

Comments

  • @EntityDispleased said:
    If survivors can still jump in when they're downed then the exposed effect won't do much. It's the same as having a stand off with an injured survivor.

    I made a suggestion before where killers are able to close the hatch, but then the gates instantly get powered. The last survivor opens the gate at 100% speed and the killer has to pick which door to go to, if they pick wrong then the survivor is free to go since the gate should open pretty quick. Of course they'd need to reposition the gates to always be as far away from each other so the killer can't camp both doors.

    I believe they already tried this (without the 100% opening speed). The problem the hatch creates it makes the end game last forever. They can't just make a band-aid fix like closing the hatch but rework the whole thing.

  • @EntityDispleased said:
    If survivors can still jump in when they're downed then the exposed effect won't do much. It's the same as having a stand off with an injured survivor.

    I made a suggestion before where killers are able to close the hatch, but then the gates instantly get powered. The last survivor opens the gate at 100% speed and the killer has to pick which door to go to, if they pick wrong then the survivor is free to go since the gate should open pretty quick. Of course they'd need to reposition the gates to always be as far away from each other so the killer can't camp both doors.

    Maybe you don't understand the intention, it would be so that if the survivor gets to the hatch first, they escape, and if they don't they get downed and hooked.

  • @PolarBear said:

    @EntityDispleased said:
    If survivors can still jump in when they're downed then the exposed effect won't do much. It's the same as having a stand off with an injured survivor.

    I made a suggestion before where killers are able to close the hatch, but then the gates instantly get powered. The last survivor opens the gate at 100% speed and the killer has to pick which door to go to, if they pick wrong then the survivor is free to go since the gate should open pretty quick. Of course they'd need to reposition the gates to always be as far away from each other so the killer can't camp both doors.

    I believe they already tried this (without the 100% opening speed). The problem the hatch creates it makes the end game last forever. They can't just make a band-aid fix like closing the hatch but rework the whole thing.

    I recently made a post called "REMOVE HATCH" because current hatch incentivizes not playing to win, but someone pointed out that the game would take forever to finish.

  • @SpongeBob420Pants said:

    @PolarBear said:

    @EntityDispleased said:
    If survivors can still jump in when they're downed then the exposed effect won't do much. It's the same as having a stand off with an injured survivor.

    I made a suggestion before where killers are able to close the hatch, but then the gates instantly get powered. The last survivor opens the gate at 100% speed and the killer has to pick which door to go to, if they pick wrong then the survivor is free to go since the gate should open pretty quick. Of course they'd need to reposition the gates to always be as far away from each other so the killer can't camp both doors.

    I believe they already tried this (without the 100% opening speed). The problem the hatch creates it makes the end game last forever. They can't just make a band-aid fix like closing the hatch but rework the whole thing.

    I recently made a post called "REMOVE HATCH" because current hatch incentivizes not playing to win, but someone pointed out that the game would take forever to finish.

    i hate the hatch its too easy for the survivor to escape and it absolutely needs a fix

  • Whatever they do it needs to be where a killer can 4k. I'm not saying it needs to happen everytime but it has to be possible. 
  • @SpongeBob420Pants said:

    @PolarBear said:

    @EntityDispleased said:
    If survivors can still jump in when they're downed then the exposed effect won't do much. It's the same as having a stand off with an injured survivor.

    I made a suggestion before where killers are able to close the hatch, but then the gates instantly get powered. The last survivor opens the gate at 100% speed and the killer has to pick which door to go to, if they pick wrong then the survivor is free to go since the gate should open pretty quick. Of course they'd need to reposition the gates to always be as far away from each other so the killer can't camp both doors.

    I believe they already tried this (without the 100% opening speed). The problem the hatch creates it makes the end game last forever. They can't just make a band-aid fix like closing the hatch but rework the whole thing.

    I recently made a post called "REMOVE HATCH" because current hatch incentivizes not playing to win, but someone pointed out that the game would take forever to finish.

    i hate the hatch its too easy for the survivor to escape and it absolutely needs a fix

    I mean, it is easy to escape. About 50/50 if nobody saw it. But if it's open you got 3k. In a game where they said a good match was 2k/2 escape. No need to sweat the 1k. Let them think they're good so they get wrecked next game. ;)
  • KingB said:
    Whatever they do it needs to be where a killer can 4k. I'm not saying it needs to happen everytime but it has to be possible. 
    Not trying to argue with you friend, but I get 4k all the time and I dont main either side.
  • @Carpemortum said:
    KingB said:

    Whatever they do it needs to be where a killer can 4k. I'm not saying it needs to happen everytime but it has to be possible. 

    Not trying to argue with you friend, but I get 4k all the time and I dont main either side.

    If they make the hatch spawn open as soon as there's only 1 survivor left, gave the last survivor the exposed status effect, made it so that the killer can't grab you from hatch but you also can't escape through it in downed/dying state, that would make it a hatch race instead of a standoff and the killer would probably get the last kill half the time.