Pharmacy buff?
I think this perk has potential to be good (Majority of perks do tbh). It is also a healing perk so it is pretty much competing to be good compared to the others.
There is a simple change that has been brought up a few times. Make it a Ranger Med-kit instead of an Emergency Med-kit. This will let the survivor have 2 guaranteed heals.
As much as I appreciate this change, I think it’s more of a bandaid fix.
My preferred change would be to have Med-kit charges refill overtime. It doesn’t necessarily have to be overtime but with COH taking over all healing perks, I would prefer for it to recharge Med-kit charges over time.
If it seems a bit excessive you could add a requirement for charges to recharge.
Heal somebody, Search another chest or repair a generator. But I think giving it a requirement for charges to recharge would make the perk less popular and being overshadowed by COH.
How would you guys buff the perk?
Comments
Give us more chests please.
I thought about that but I think Ace in the Hole should get that. The perk only adds add-ons to items in chest. Should do more honestly.
I'd honestly rather just have the perk just have "Chest" medkit efficiency or refills "Chest" medkits when you open a chest with one in your hand.
Chest items would be items you get from chest in a game not ones you bring in and would be a tag/icon on said items.
So if you get the emergency medkit it can heal you better but can't be used to make medkits you bring into the game overpowered.
This would also make it better synergies with Ace's perk Ace in the Hole as it would mean the medkits with the add-ons you get from it are even better.
Also making it so it gives ranger's medkits would be absurd as they are easily one of the single strongest items in the entire game so that's a no go from the start.
I made a thread about this earlier. My idea was to grant players one token that would be consumed upon opening up or rummaging through one chest. That way you're guaranteed to get your green med-kit despite what your teammates have been doing.
Increase unlocking speed bonus to 100% and have it show the aura of the closest chest to your location at the moment you become injured for the first time.
If that’s not enough, you could add an extra chest or two to the map, or make it so that if someone else opens that chest you can see the aura of before you can get to it, then you can rummage it (like appraisal, but without the speed bonus) for your medkit.
Honestly, you could make it give you an Emergency Medkit with a Gel Dressings addon and it'd probably still be balanced.