Blight players are good, but they are all the same

Basically, I just encountered 4 Blights in a row, and today I faced a total of 9 Blights. Normally this Blight players were super good at it, and I was like "Oh wow! nice hit!" and it's fun and all, but after playing it for 6 times it started to feel boring.

The thing is that is not the players itself what makes it boring imo, but that they all have very similar addons. You see, ALL of those 9 Blight's had: Blighted Crow, Blighted Rat and Alchemist Ring. Im not joking, all those Blights had those three addons and like...why?? Blight is such a fun killer to play as and against, but it makes it so damn boring

Not only that, but the majority of Blights use Pain Resonance and Dead Man's Switch as a super good combo, and we all can agree that is the new meta. The thing is: Do they really need those perks? I ask these because I always try to be as fair as possible when I play both sides, like not bringing meta perks (the only exception being BT) and not genrush when Im surv, and not tunneling or camping and not bringing slowdown perks and being addonless. But for those Blight players there is no challenge, and I say it because in all our matches they ended up doing a 4k and with 4 gens left, wich brings me to another thing: Why I don't stop facing Blights? I lost almost 15 matches in a row, and I keep facing a lot of Blights, and my teammates just straight up DC, and Im all alone like: "Well, this is bad" and ended up dying of course.

So, my mmr SHOULD be low, but it seems like Im playing with the same people overall, and Im starting to get so tired of playing survivor and killer at this point

But thats about it for me, I would like to know what you guys think because I feel that this might happen to some people also and that feels this way too. Thank you so much for reading, because I did this as a way to distract me a bit. Hope you the best to all of you

Comments

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2829810#Comment_2829810

    The point of Blighted crow with Adrenaline vial is just to make it more likely to hit an object if I were to miss the one I'm aiming for. Adrenaline Vial changes up Blight so much that you can't compare Blighted Crow use with and without Adrenaline vial. Blighted Crow is absolutely a strong add-on on its own but with Adrenaline Vial. Blighted crow just helps to make Adrenaline Vial that much crazier and exciting. It's a very high risk / reward build. And no, I haven't seen any other Blight other than myself run the 2 together because it is straight up asking for trouble using them together.

    Well let me tell you from my experience I see that combo on basically every Blight I come across

    It's either Vial/Crow, Vial/rat or double movement speed addon


    I'll see the ring/the ultra rare from time to time but yeah

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2829820#Comment_2829820

    Well let me tell you from my experience I see that combo on basically every Blight I come across

    It's either Vial/Crow, Vial/rat or double movement speed addon

    I'll see the ring/the ultra rare from time to time but yeah

    It may just be that my MMR for survivor isn't high enough to run into those builds. I still stand by the statement that the Vial add-on has more counter-play than non-vial.

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2829825#Comment_2829825

    It may just be that my MMR for survivor isn't high enough to run into those builds. I still stand by the statement that the Vial add-on has more counter-play than non-vial.

    Do you mind explaining the counterplay to a killer who moves so fast you barely have a window to react to them?

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2829836#Comment_2829836

    Do you mind explaining the counterplay to a killer who moves so fast you barely have a window to react to them?

    The vial reduces the turn radius substantially. You can dodge the attack like you would dodge a hatchet throw or a Billy's chainsaw. This works best in an open area like a field. Alternatively you can hug objects like rocks where he can't navigate as easily. Again all of these are much easier to achieve with Adrenaline Vial than without.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2829836#Comment_2829836

    Do you mind explaining the counterplay to a killer who moves so fast you barely have a window to react to them?

    You aren't supposed to. You're supposed to mindgame it.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2829840#Comment_2829840

    You aren't supposed to. You're supposed to mindgame it.

    "You aren't supposed to"

    So you're saying it has no counterplay?


    How do you mindgame something that moves that fast then?

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2829902#Comment_2829902

    "You aren't supposed to"

    So you're saying it has no counterplay?

    How do you mindgame something that moves that fast then?

    The counterplay IS mindgaming it. Make a read what the Blight is going to do and place yourself not in his way. You guess right, you dodge it. You don't, you get hit.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2829902#Comment_2829902

    "You aren't supposed to"

    So you're saying it has no counterplay?

    How do you mindgame something that moves that fast then?

    A blight has to commit to an action, once he's committed than that Blight is limited in what he can do. (This is more true for the Vial and less true for a blight running the turning add-ons) The better the Blight the more confident they are in their reads, which is why good blights can run the vial and bad blights cannot. What SuzuKR is saying is to bait the Blight into rushing and committing to the wrong thing. This can be done by faking vaults, using dead hard, pretending to jump from a ledge, etc.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2829904#Comment_2829904

    The counterplay IS mindgaming it. Make a read what the Blight is going to do and place yourself not in his way. You guess right, you dodge it. You don't, you get hit.

    Isn't this just a repeat of what people said about old spirit then?

    I don't get it


    @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2829904#Comment_2829904

    A blight has to commit to an action, once he's committed than that Blight is limited in what he can do. (This is more true for the Vial and less true for a blight running the turning add-ons) The better the Blight the more confident they are in their reads, which is why good blights can run the vial and bad blights cannot. What SuzuKR is saying is to bait the Blight into rushing and committing to the wrong thing. This can be done by faking vaults, using dead hard, pretending to jump from a ledge, etc.

    A blight has to commit to an action, an action that he has multiple ways of making up for/correcting if he makes a mistake. Especially with the vial which gives him more tokens and makes them regenerate faster.

    If the only legitimate counterplay to something moving this quickly is 'mindgame' then there's a problem.

    You fake a vault, he corrects and hits you anyway because his hitbox is very generous

    You use dead hard, congratulations - you're using one of the only perks that helps against the strongest killers in this game. You're also using the most universally complained about perk in the game

    These are not actual ways to counterplay Blights, especially Blights that move so fast, can hit you around corners and so on.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2829906#Comment_2829906

    Isn't this just a repeat of what people said about old spirit then?

    I don't get it

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2829911#Comment_2829911

    A blight has to commit to an action, an action that he has multiple ways of making up for/correcting if he makes a mistake. Especially with the vial which gives him more tokens and makes them regenerate faster.

    If the only legitimate counterplay to something moving this quickly is 'mindgame' then there's a problem.

    You fake a vault, he corrects and hits you anyway because his hitbox is very generous

    You use dead hard, congratulations - you're using one of the only perks that helps against the strongest killers in this game. You're also using the most universally complained about perk in the game

    These are not actual ways to counterplay Blights, especially Blights that move so fast, can hit you around corners and so on.

    Don't misconstrue what I'm saying. I'm not saying that the Blight is fair or balanced, I was answering the questions that you asked, which appear to be in bad faith. The reason that I run no slowdown on Blight is precisely because I don't feel he is balanced and to give the survivors some ability to win.

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2829926#Comment_2829926

    Don't misconstrue what I'm saying. I'm not saying that the Blight is fair or balanced, I was answering the questions that you asked, which appear to be in bad faith. The reason that I run no slowdown on Blight is precisely because I don't feel he is balanced and to give the survivors some ability to win.

    There's no bad faith here, I'm just giving my perspective on your responses/what you consider to be counterplay to this and give you the reasons why I think these addons need to be changed. That's all

    My intial point was the addons leave very little room for reaction

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2829906#Comment_2829906

    Isn't this just a repeat of what people said about old spirit then?

    I don't get it

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2829911#Comment_2829911

    A blight has to commit to an action, an action that he has multiple ways of making up for/correcting if he makes a mistake. Especially with the vial which gives him more tokens and makes them regenerate faster.

    If the only legitimate counterplay to something moving this quickly is 'mindgame' then there's a problem.

    You fake a vault, he corrects and hits you anyway because his hitbox is very generous

    You use dead hard, congratulations - you're using one of the only perks that helps against the strongest killers in this game. You're also using the most universally complained about perk in the game

    These are not actual ways to counterplay Blights, especially Blights that move so fast, can hit you around corners and so on.

    No, cause you have all of the information about what the Blight is doing, which old Spirit didn't give. You had no clue if Spirit was phasing, when she was phasing, and where she was phasing. Blight gives multiple indicators of all actions, especially at ranges that close (eg, at a tile mid-chase). You can hear him slam, you can hear him if he decides to burn multiple Rushes to speed up his last 1-2 (if he's using speed add-ons), you can hear how many slams he already used up, you can hear where his Rushes take him, you can hear what side of a wall or surface the Blight is on, and if you have LOS on him, you can see him as well and deduce places he cannot reach from his current location with his left-over bounces based off the surrounding tile objects and environmental debris.

    For instance, let's take an LT wall. You are running around the L. Your (main two) options are to either take the fast vault on the L, or veer off and head towards the T. If you think the Blight is going to go for a hug around the L, you turn the corner, break LOS, and then split off towards the T. If you think Blight will use bump logic to go for the T, you take the fast vault back around the L. If the Blight is using up multiple Rushes to accelerate himself, then you only have 1-2 potential Rushes to even have to dodge, and you can just put yourself in a position he can't comfortably access you from if he doesn't commit to a side. For example, if you've seen the Blight player consistently tries to go for the accelerated last 1-2 Rushes and you think this newest attempt isn't a feint, there's no reason to commit to a side for the first few slams. Just stay by the place you cut off his LOS and then veer off before he goes for his actual committed Rush. Him preparatory-slamming takes up time that you can use to reposition yourself if necessary as well, and if he misses, it means he's on a hefty 10-second downtime where he has literally zero power.

    Mindgaming is the most skillful method of chase in this entire game, especially the closer it gets to a 50/50. Chases should be determined off player skill versus player skill, not the tile/mechanical limitations. Pay attention to your surroundings, learn how Blight bump logic works, get a grasp on how the Blight player tends to play, be unpredictable, cut off LOS, and make and fake mindgame reads. There are points on every standard non-junkloop (ie, random oval with pallet) tile you can force said mindgame. Eg, with the LT. To hit you in time if you do go for the fast vault on the L, he has to start the swing the moment he turns the corner. That drastically reduces his movespeed momentum since he's going from his Rush into a swing, and by extension, his attack range. Even if he flicks and adjusts, if you already pre-emptively left for the T wall instead, he is literally incapable of reaching you, distance-wise. Conversely, if he expected you to fake the vault and go for the T so he Rushes that way but you already vaulted, he is physically incapable of reaching you in time.

    Using up slams at the start with speed add-ons is one of those high-risk high-reward gambles. You shorten the time window significantly, but in return, you are gambling with a 10s cooldown of having zero power which is major against good survivors, and that the entire gamble hinges on you landing the hit within only 1-2 Rushes actually used for navigation/to go for the swing.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2829926#Comment_2829926

    No, cause you have all of the information about what the Blight is doing, which old Spirit didn't give. You had no clue if Spirit was phasing, when she was phasing, and where she was phasing. Blight gives multiple indicators of all actions, especially at ranges that close (eg, at a tile mid-chase). You can hear him slam, you can hear him if he decides to burn multiple Rushes to speed up his last 1-2 (if he's using speed add-ons), you can hear how many slams he already used up, you can hear where his Rushes take him, you can hear what side of a wall or surface the Blight is on, and if you have LOS on him, you can see him as well.

    For instance, let's take an LT wall. You are running around the L. Your (main two) options are to either take the fast vault on the L, or veer off and head towards the T. If you think the Blight is going to go for a hug around the L, you turn the corner, break LOS, and then split off towards the T. If you think Blight will use bump logic to go for the T, you take the fast vault back around the L. If the Blight is using up multiple Rushes to accelerate himself, then you only have 1-2 potential Rushes to even have to dodge, and you can just put yourself in a position he can't comfortably access you from if he doesn't commit to a side. For example, if you've seen the Blight player consistently tries to go for the accelerated last 1-2 Rushes and you think this newest attempt isn't a feint, there's no reason to commit to a side for the first few slams. Just stay by the place you cut off his LOS and then veer off before he goes for his actual committed Rush. Him preparatory-slamming takes up time that you can use to reposition yourself if necessary as well, and if he misses, it means he's on a hefty 10-second downtime where he has literally zero power.

    Mindgaming is the most skillful method of chase in this entire game, especially the closer it gets to a 50/50. Chases should be determined off player skill versus player skill, not the tile/mechanical limitations. Pay attention to your surroundings, learn how Blight bump logic works, get a grasp on how the Blight player tends to play, be unpredictable, cut off LOS, and make and fake mindgame reads. There are points on every standard non-junkloop (ie, random oval with pallet) tile you can force said mindgame. Eg, with the LT. To hit you in time if you do go for the fast vault on the L, he has to start the swing the moment he turns the corner. That drastically reduces his movespeed momentum since he's going from his Rush into a swing, and by extension, his attack range. Even if he flicks and adjusts, if you already pre-emptively left for the T wall instead, he is literally incapable of reaching you, distance-wise. Conversely, if he expected you to fake the vault and go for the T so he Rushes that way but you already vaulted, he is physically incapable of reaching you in time.

    Using up slams at the start with speed add-ons is one of those high-risk high-reward gambles. You shorten the time window significantly, but in return, you are gambling with a 10s cooldown of having zero power which is major against good survivors, and that the entire gamble hinges on you landing the hit within only 1-2 Rushes actually used for navigation/to go for the swing.

    When I compared it to old spirit logic, I was referring to the whole "guess right you don't get hit" way you described it. That is essentially what people described old spirit as. A guessing game and a not very enjoyable one either

    I appreciate the in-depth analysis of how you would ideally play against a Blight on a certain tile. It often feels like a lot of the time when you try to run tiles against movement speed addon Blights you're going to get hit regardless if you run the tile well or not due to how many rushes he has and how fast he moves.

    I agree that mindgaming is a big part of skill in this game but I also find it difficult to mindgame a killer who is moving too fast to even react to. Like what you're saying about running the L wall T wall makes complete sense in theory but I would argue it is a lot harder than you make it seem to be in practice.

    Nevertheless thank you for the detailed response, I'll try to keep it in mind the next time I'm up against a Blight and see if it is any help.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2829937#Comment_2829937

    When I compared it to old spirit logic, I was referring to the whole "guess right you don't get hit" way you described it. That is essentially what people described old spirit as. A guessing game and a not very enjoyable one either

    I appreciate the in-depth analysis of how you would ideally play against a Blight on a certain tile. It often feels like a lot of the time when you try to run tiles against movement speed addon Blights you're going to get hit regardless if you run the tile well or not due to how many rushes he has and how fast he moves.

    I agree that mindgaming is a big part of skill in this game but I also find it difficult to mindgame a killer who is moving too fast to even react to. Like what you're saying about running the L wall T wall makes complete sense in theory but I would argue it is a lot harder than you make it seem to be in practice.

    Nevertheless thank you for the detailed response, I'll try to keep it in mind the next time I'm up against a Blight and see if it is any help.

    Every single tile and loop outside of things like just big oval/pile of debris with pallet is mindgameable, and assuming both sides are fairly decent at the game (aka, know how to run any given tile correctly), the only way to shorten the chase is to mindgame. This isn't a Blight-specific thing. The reason Blight is good design is precisely because it's as close to 50-50 odds as possible. Weaker killers inherently hit a ceiling, because they have multiple mechanical limitations, meaning the mindgame starts incredibly slanted not in their favor for strong tiles. For instance, there is no good way to mindgame a long-wall jungle gym as a standard M1. Basically the only possible way to deal with that tile is to either give up the chase, or brute force it (which takes forever with how strong the tile is, especially if it's connected to others). You could argue that's not exactly enjoyable either. It doesn't matter what mindgames you make, basically none of them work there because there's too many options for the survivor and very few for the M1 to reduce their options with.

    Conversely, someone like Blight has equally good odds of landing a hit as the survivor does of avoiding it. It's not "I lose this entire chase (or have to spend a huge amount of time to brute force it) because I'm at this tile and there is a glass ceiling to the extent of what this killer is mechanically capable of", it's "I win or lose this trade because I correctly or incorrectly mindgamed/read the opponent". Does that make sense? Same with the LT example. A standard M1 has options of double backing here and there to catch out the survivor, and survivor has to make the correct read in what the killer will try and do.

    Obviously, it's easier said than done, but that's the gist of mindgames in the first place. You have to constantly adapt to how your opponent is playing. For instance, as the Blight player, if a player tends to fake vaults alot, I'd play with the idea they'd probably continue to do so. Likewise, as the survivor, if they try and go for sliding way more than bump logic, I know I can peel off most loops and be completely out of their range. So, as both, I switch up how I'd play as/against them, so they have no consistent basis to work off of. That is why it's skill-defining. What do you think the opponent will do? Can you bait/pressure them into making the wrong read? Can you guess how they will try and counter that read? So on and so forth.

    For instance, if as the survivor, I'm super inconsistent about when I take/fake vaults, when I hold W/double back/etc whenever I cut off lines of sight, etc, the Blight is not going to have any guaranteed guess of what I do. But I can also use that against them. I set up a false queue, like a certain visual/movement/habit I'd do if I'm about to fake, and then do that when I actually commit later, when they're looking out for all those ways to make the correct read on me. For instance, if I want to commit to a vault, I'll usually be hugging a loop as tight as I can. I do that, I break LOS, and then I immediately split completely off from the loop. The Blight slides around it, and then realizes I'm not there. Stuff like that. Mindgames aren't about reaction, they're about prediction. For instance with Nurse, if a survivor is looking behind them, it is a cue they'll try and double back - maybe. But will they actually do so? Who knows, you'll have to guess and see. Likewise, running without looking back, and then doubling last second to throw off that same cue. So on and so forth.

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/311996/blight-players-are-good-but-they-are-all-the-same

    I call bullshit so hard here. I believe you when you say that the perks and add-ons were probably the same on all the Blights that you faced, but even if a Blight you versed ran a non-sweaty build, I doubt that you'd go and say anything positive afterwards. In fact I'm pretty sure you'd be even more upset at losing to a Blight with a bad build.

    And why do I say this.

    Well for roughly about 2 months now I've been running, Brutal Strength, Fire-up, Bamboozle, BBQ and Adrenaline Vial and Blighted Crow. Do I get anyone commenting about how refreshing it is to see something other than the meta build. Never, not once. Do I have anyone commenting on how it's nice to see someone using something other than alchemist ring, never.

    So, even if a Blight were to do exactly as you asked, you would just huff and puff about something else.

    What? I faced Blight's that were actually good and that don't run meta perks, or even that only run two perks (Mostly being BBQ and NOED, wich I don't mind tbh) and when I see that they were playing like that Im like "oh, it didn't have speed addons? wow, he actually played so well that I though he had!" or "Well, at least he's not running slowdown perks...I respect that".

    But you want me to be in the end game chat things like "oh my god, you played super well Mr.Blight player! <333"? No, I just say "ggwp" and then I left. I don't get those comments neither when I played with "bad" builds with no slowdown with killer, or when I don't run meta perks when Im a survivor, and I don't believe that a ton of people do same.

    In fact, once when I played killer I asked the survivors if they were swf, and when all of them said no I then put "Oh! you all played so well that I though you were a swf!" and I recieve a "nah, we're all alone, you're just bad". So when Im even going out of my way to say positive things about the other side I just recieve insults, so don't talk when you literally know nothing

1 2 ›