How I think boons should work, and how they should have worked from the beginning.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Hexes and Boons should be able to exist on the same totem (Make the ######### glow purple or something), and let killers BREAK booned totems, whether it has a hex on it or not.

This would allow more thought to be put into gameplay from both sides. If you give the survivors the ability to boon hexes and both perks coexisting on the same totem, it would make players think and make decisions.

Say a survivor boons a hex totem, they believe that their totem will be safe because the killer will want to keep their hex as well. Picture it from the killer side "They've booned ruin, do I break it and lose ruin?, or do I keep ruin and the survivor keeps their boon in the process" Or for survivor "Should I boon this hex, it's in a damn good spot and will have a lot of value, but then they probably won't come over and break it removing their hex from play."

You see the devs are too scared of making boons as strong as hexes, but if boons can be broken by the killer, that will give the devs more wiggle room in making interesting boons.

Also boons can not be moved after they are placed, they can only be replaced if the totem they were on is broken. Thus enforcing the players ability to think and make choices that are risky, but also very rewarding.

Pentimento does not give the option to get stacks from the killer breaking their own totems (Obviously)

Make boons as strong as hexes but in turn make them just as risky to play. This is the only way I see boons working.

Comments