Overcome is triggered after infecting [Video, patch 5.5.2]

I could have written earlier, but I did not know that this was a bug until one of the forum moderators explained to me

Override is triggered after infecting a wounded survivor with a tentacle

https://youtu.be/0mXkWlSrfwY
Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • Technically, the contamination is a health state and not a status effect. If they wanted to fix that issue then they would need to change the contamination's coding entirely.

  • You get a speed boost if contaminated. Therefore Overcome is triggered. Sounds logic to me.

    If there should be a speed boost is another question.

  • @FilthyLegionMain said:

    Technically, the contamination is a health state and not a status effect. If they wanted to fix that issue then they would need to change the contamination's coding entirely.

    @Marc_123 said:

    You get a speed boost if contaminated. Therefore Overcome is triggered. Sounds logic to me.

    If there should be a speed boost is another question.

    Guys, I've already solved this issue, as MandyTalk told me, Overcome only works on health stages, and cannot work on Deep Wounds or T-Virus Infection, technically it should work on wounds received from plague infection (if you are healthy while doing this) I don't really know how.

    Marc_123, In the video, the survivor has a speed boost from his perk, and not from my hit with a tentacle, as you can see, he was already injured.

    I hope MandyTalk doesn't mind if I quote her, she said:

    "Overcome should only proc if a health state is lost, so from injured to Healthy - anything else definitely sounds like a bug to me (of course QA would be the better judges of that), it's definitely worth making a bug report on it, if you've got video of that happening, the video is so helpful in showing the issues."

  • Ah ok.

    Curious if they change this.