Sixth month of SBMM

We're on our 6th month of SBMM, and can honestly say, it's worse than before. Yes, in theory and on paper, it's better. And if it actually worked that way it would be. But it simply doesn't.

Before you'd have mostly even games, with people running all different kinds of builds. Occasionally you'd have survivors in red ranks that weren't actually supposed to be there. Or you'd go against rank 20 survivors when you're rank 1, or you'd go against a full sweat squad, but it wasn't every single game.

Now however it's one or the other. You're either going against baby's, or full squads running full meta builds.

Just last night alone, very first match went against a wraith that had 1 yellow wraith perk and less than 10 hours in the game total. Now I'm not a top tier survivor, but I'm decent. And the randos I was with were decent and they all had full builds of the most meta perks. The wraith got 2 hits the entire match.

Very next match, I'm paired with extremely bad survivors. And I end up going against a top tier killer main TTV that has thousands of hours in the game. I know his gameplay, as I've watched him before, and know he's really really good. Far better than the people he was playing against. Every survivor I had on my team had 1-2 perks and less than 50 hours combined. I only have about 70 on survivor as I mainly play killer.

When I play killer, this is every match for me as well. It's usually a full team of meta survivors and the match lasts 5-7 minute, and I'll get anywhere between 4-8 of those in a row, and then I'll get a full team of baby survivors who don't deserve having to go against me because I'm actually pretty good on killer. But there's no in between. Nobody running interesting fun builds anymore, it's either full meta all around or nothing.

Like I get that they said it was due to backfill. But it's been 6 months! Six months of a large majority of players having to deal with this and still no fix. All we know is it's being worked on. It's no wonder people are leaving in drones. This system right now, is not better than the old emblem system by any means.

Comments

1 2 ›