That would be great but I'm not sure how realistic it would be to expect unfortunately :(
Maybe if BHVR ever dumps last gen support (which at this point, maybe? :D) but at least as of now, I don't think the PS4/Xbox One/Older PCs could handle this kind of setup and this game lives and dies on the playerbase, not how pretty it looks
I'm not sure what changing DBD to look like this would add...?
I mean, it looks fine enough, but DBD has its own style and it's not as though the visuals are one of the game's enduring problems right now.
Uh.. atmosphere, fun, a sense of actually playing an asymmetrical horror game?
No it's graphics aren't the only issue, or the most pressing issues. But it's definitely something that would breath new life into the game. Not to mention new options for different mechanics.
I'm not saying you can make a 4k game on last gen console. But you can make a good looking game that still plays well. There's still Xbox 360 games that required a lot more mechanically, but still looked better and played better than this game does.
Can they do this with their current system and coding? No, absolutely not, and that's probably one of the biggest problems. An old system with spaghetti coding that doesn't allow for meaningful changes.
If they changed that they could, add more gameplay options, provide better and more frequent updates a lot easier, they could make it look pretty decent, and run better too. They could also release newer content without worrying about it breaking everything else, and optimization would be a lot easier.
Uh.. atmosphere, fun, a sense of actually playing an asymmetrical horror game?
No it's graphics aren't the only issue, or the most pressing issues. But it's definitely something that would breath new life into the game. Not to mention new options for different mechanics.
I'm not saying you can make a 4k game on last gen console. But you can make a good looking game that still plays well. There's still Xbox 360 games that required a lot more mechanically, but still looked better and played better than this game does.
Can they do this with their current system and coding? No, absolutely not, and that's probably one of the biggest problems. An old system with spaghetti coding that doesn't allow for meaningful changes.
If they changed that they could, add more gameplay options, provide better and more frequent updates a lot easier, they could make it look pretty decent, and run better too. They could also release newer content without worrying about it breaking everything else, and optimization would be a lot easier.
It's not one of the game's issues at all, the game looks fine? Hell, the art department are basically the only ones who consistently knock it out of the park.
I think you're also inferring a heck of a lot here, I don't see how an art style change would lead to any of those things, nor why those things require that change to begin with?
It's not one of the game's issues at all, the game looks fine? Hell, the art department are basically the only ones who consistently knock it out of the park.
I think you're also inferring a heck of a lot here, I don't see how an art style change would lead to any of those things, nor why those things require that change to begin with?
I think you're reading that completely wrong. The artwork of the skins are nice yes, but a majority of the maps are just bland monotone colored eye sores. The character models and animations, especially on survivors, are basic, the only thing really making them stand out is the skins themselves.
And if you actually read what I said, I never said a change in art style would fix the problems I listed except the feeling of an actual horror game, and breathing new life into it.
The rest was talking about their current systems and coding, which isn't inferring anything. That's all common knowledge. It's an old system based on the design that the game wasn't going to last. Updating their systems and coding would allow them to fix most issues that are plaguing the game. Like balancing, optimization, bugs, the stale base game mechanics, adding new features, adding new content, ect. And it would allow them to do it a lot easier than they're currently able to do it.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
That would be great but I'm not sure how realistic it would be to expect unfortunately :(
Maybe if BHVR ever dumps last gen support (which at this point, maybe? :D) but at least as of now, I don't think the PS4/Xbox One/Older PCs could handle this kind of setup and this game lives and dies on the playerbase, not how pretty it looks
This looks cool, but DBD has it's own art style (well, used to anyway) and adding this would take away from that.
I like the run animations. The yelling "Help" would get a little irritating.
I'm not sure what changing DBD to look like this would add...?
I mean, it looks fine enough, but DBD has its own style and it's not as though the visuals are one of the game's enduring problems right now.
Uh.. atmosphere, fun, a sense of actually playing an asymmetrical horror game?
No it's graphics aren't the only issue, or the most pressing issues. But it's definitely something that would breath new life into the game. Not to mention new options for different mechanics.
I'm not saying you can make a 4k game on last gen console. But you can make a good looking game that still plays well. There's still Xbox 360 games that required a lot more mechanically, but still looked better and played better than this game does.
Can they do this with their current system and coding? No, absolutely not, and that's probably one of the biggest problems. An old system with spaghetti coding that doesn't allow for meaningful changes.
If they changed that they could, add more gameplay options, provide better and more frequent updates a lot easier, they could make it look pretty decent, and run better too. They could also release newer content without worrying about it breaking everything else, and optimization would be a lot easier.
It's not one of the game's issues at all, the game looks fine? Hell, the art department are basically the only ones who consistently knock it out of the park.
I think you're also inferring a heck of a lot here, I don't see how an art style change would lead to any of those things, nor why those things require that change to begin with?
I think you're reading that completely wrong. The artwork of the skins are nice yes, but a majority of the maps are just bland monotone colored eye sores. The character models and animations, especially on survivors, are basic, the only thing really making them stand out is the skins themselves.
And if you actually read what I said, I never said a change in art style would fix the problems I listed except the feeling of an actual horror game, and breathing new life into it.
The rest was talking about their current systems and coding, which isn't inferring anything. That's all common knowledge. It's an old system based on the design that the game wasn't going to last. Updating their systems and coding would allow them to fix most issues that are plaguing the game. Like balancing, optimization, bugs, the stale base game mechanics, adding new features, adding new content, ect. And it would allow them to do it a lot easier than they're currently able to do it.
What if you had the run meme song every time you press for sprint burst?
It'd be jokes, mainly because of the way sprint burst works.
I'm sorry, I'm tired
https://youtu.be/xdAyC1t5ZvA