Sorry if I subject you to an endless load screen
But Killer is unplayable and there is no technical support for this game apparently, so General Help me and help yourself if we ever cross paths please:
Everytime I queue as killer the load screen is endless. Progress usually stops at 5%, and then the match ends because everyone gets tired of waiting and leaves. Playing survivor, I don't have this issue.
I can't find any help for this problem, has anyone encounted anything similar or do you have any advice?
Comments
It's only when I play Killer, no isues as survivor.
Thank you for at least giving me more stuff to try, thank you.
other things I often do is to reset my modem before even trying to play dbd. it doesn't always make much of a difference, but sometimes it seems to. (could be a placebo effect. xD )
I'm wondering: What is your usual ping while playing? My internet speed is 1.5 Mbps MAX so maybe this is on my end. I'm able to play MOBA where 0.75 can feel like an eternity without feeling laggy, and survivor works well enough.
Please confirm: When you're the Killer, you're "hosting" the match, meaning everyone relies on your internet. Could that be why it's impossible for me to play as Killer, but not Survivor?
If so, I'll stop trying to play Killer at least, since I know the problem is on my end.
Your internet is not the issue, how much fps do you get ingame? If your capable of geting 60 then the hardware isnt the issue either.
Have you tried verifying your gamefiles via steam?
Could be an unstable connection. Some ISPs are unreliable.
Hundreds of kbps is fine for most online games. My money's on network instability due to a crappy ISP. @Shraar, what's your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?
If he can play mobas without problems then it should be fine, DBD is a lot more demanding
Using a free connection I have 700 KB down and ~100 KB up and so far it has been sufficient for all multiplayer games. The only thing that matters is the ping
Speed is not necessary, see above.
But a wireless connection can mess up everything, especially if you are living in an apartment complex with a lot of other wifi users that disturb everything
I live rurally on the edge of internet connectivity so I may be stuck with this connection, and we're not slated for an upgrade for another 2 years (Then I will enjoy high-speed internet like all you modern people!)
Download Speed: 1.6 MBPS (this is wired, all focus going to one place)
Upload Speed: 0.29 MBPS
ISP: MTS
The only other option for Internet is "Xplorenet" which hosts speeds up to 25 MBPS (Currently plan advertises it goes up to 5, but like I said it's 1.5 in actuality) but data is capped on that plan and much mor expensive, so I'm not sure if it's the right choice.
I've played games like MOBAs with no issue, and Survivor works well enough, that's why I'm so confused.
The only time this has happened to me is when the game has an update you havn't done yet ( so close the game and steam entirely and re open them to get the update) or if I have the screen minimized while it's loading. Otherwise I don't this issue at all.