This game is plagued by cheating

Seriously,the amount of subtle cheaters I go againts both as survivor and killer is insane.

You cant tell if a survivor,killer has wallhacks,and most of the time you cant tell if they have a minor boosted speed that makes a huge difference,all of this makes sbmm even worse.

It has become so bad that not a day passes without going againts a cheater.

This game needs an anticheat that detects programs that interferee with the game properly.

Balance wise,I think the game is not in a bad spot,but they seriously need to fix cheating,this ruins everything.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I see folks coming onto the forums to complain about this often, but are you certain that what you're experiencing isn't merely a lack of understanding of game mechanics? 'Wall-hacking' is difficult to prove, as an experienced killer/survivor will have a lot of knowledge of where the other party may be located. And small boosts of speed could just be a difference in software performance, or more adept movements around corners that comes - again, with experience playing the game.

    I'm not about to claim that I haven't encountered cheating myself, directly. But in the past 100 hours playing, its only been on 3 different occasions, and they were all incredibly obvious: moving above/below the map - evidenced by my doctor mirages appearing next to them outside the map range, getting up immediately after being downed, or teleporting around the map. 'Subtle' cheating may be in play, but it would take a lot to convince me that its as prevalent as some make it out to be.

    Thing is, if other users’ accounts are to be believed, the blatant ones are getting more and more common too. Especially around the US, I think.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I see folks coming onto the forums to complain about this often, but are you certain that what you're experiencing isn't merely a lack of understanding of game mechanics? 'Wall-hacking' is difficult to prove, as an experienced killer/survivor will have a lot of knowledge of where the other party may be located. And small boosts of speed could just be a difference in software performance, or more adept movements around corners that comes - again, with experience playing the game.

    I'm not about to claim that I haven't encountered cheating myself, directly. But in the past 100 hours playing, its only been on 3 different occasions, and they were all incredibly obvious: moving above/below the map - evidenced by my doctor mirages appearing next to them outside the map range, getting up immediately after being downed, or teleporting around the map. 'Subtle' cheating may be in play, but it would take a lot to convince me that its as prevalent as some make it out to be.

    This is why i'm saying they're subtle when cheating,you cant tell if they're cheating or not,but when you see a survivor/killer,winning 100% of mindgames you start to wonder,or when they're always ahead of you in a chase even when you should get distance on them.

  • @Adaez said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2810123#Comment_2810123

    This is why i'm saying they're subtle when cheating,you cant tell if they're cheating or not,but when you see a survivor/killer,winning 100% of mindgames you start to wonder,or when they're always ahead of you in a chase even when you should get distance on them.

    if it makes you feel any better there's really not much of a point in subtle cheating when you can get away with insanely demonic stuff for weeks before getting banned and it's not like bans are gonna cost a cheater anything with all the ways you can play around them for free.

    the perk bond is usually a red flag, but it doesn't necessarily mean the person is cheating, nor it's absolutely required for speedhacks and wallhacks

  • I think its a little sad to think that a lot of streamers were not playing in the Artist PTB due to the stream sniping hackers, I feel like this PTB will have the same issue.

    What a shame that its still a big issue.