Progression rework suggestions

Let's be direct. I believe the progression system to be one of the worst I've experienced. All progress is based around a random numbers game. Each level gives a chance at something but often isn't what you want forcing you to grind for a ridiculous amount of time before you can get anything you do want. This includes perks and consumable add-ons. Having a lot of add-ons that you will never use just feels like a waste, especially since you can't do anything with them such as trading for currency to try another random lucky draw. With teachable perks, you won't be able to remove them from the bloodweb until you purchase them so it prevents perks you want from appearing and then when you do purchase it, it adds the perk to the list of random you can get on another killer whether you want it or not.

I understand there is a great deal of testing and time investment in such an overhaul but it really is lacking and could use the love. Based on the last QA session, it appears you are looking at progression but I wanted to pitch a few recommendations for consideration.

I would recommend using the bloodweb only for perk progression and giving more flexibility such as being able to select a teachable perk slot and then choose which perk to gain or be able to disable teachable perks you don't want to appear for a specific killer. If you want to continue with the RNG element, you can have each new layer be randomly generated allowing more options for progression without having to select a bunch of random add-ons to inflate the cost.

I believe add-ons could be unlocked as you level; then either have a cool-down period based on the rarity of the add-on such as locked for 4 games if its rare, 2 for uncommon and 1 for common or you could implement a shrine that allows you to spend bloodpoints to rejuvenate used add-ons. Either way, I could see this maintaining the limited use while not feeling like a burden to progress or a completely random gacha game.

The odd one out is offerings. I don't have a specific recommendation for these. There are a couple options that spring to mind such as purchasing from an in-game menu (potentially the shrine I suggested as a possibility for add-ons) or maybe you acquire them as rewards based on each matches performance.

Comments