Can you complete the rift with just tome challenges

Title. I've been taking a break from the game since I found something else more enjoyable to play, but I want to complete the rift.

Does anyone know if it's possible to finish it with just tome challenges and minimal matches in between?

Comments

  • With the rift fragments you get from challenges? No. It's impossible. I don't remember how far off you'd be, I just remember you can't.

  • Probably not. Each tome is usually worth about 300-400 fragments across all of their challenges. You need 690 to finish the rift.

    So completing all the challenges will complete about half of the Rift by themselves (ie, not including fragments earned from games played while working on the challenges). But realistically, you'd probably be pretty close to the end of the Rift once you cashed in your last completed tome challenge. Especially with the reduced XP needed for fragments these days.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    With the rift fragments you get from challenges? No. It's impossible. I don't remember how far off you'd be, I just remember you can't.

    @APoipleTurtle said:

    Probably not. Each tome is usually worth about 300-400 fragments across all of their challenges. You need 690 to finish the rift.

    So completing all the challenges will complete about half of the Rift by themselves (ie, not including fragments earned from games played while working on the challenges). But realistically, you'd probably be pretty close to the end of the Rift once you cashed in your last completed tome challenge. Especially with the reduced XP needed for fragments these days.

    Well that's quite unfortunate. Tired of playing this crapshow until they fix crossplay off.

  • The rift shards provided by tomes alone are not sufficient. However, you also gain 1 shard per 500xp you make and that can easily take you to rift completion before you finish the Tome.

    When it was 800xp/shard I finished all tome challenges and still had 6-7 levels remaining on the Rift. After they nerfed the grind, I was able to complete rifts completing levels 1-3 and some challenges of lvl4.

    If you want to maximize your gains for the least amount of time, make sure to play 1 match a day for the daily bonus XP. That is converted to shards.


  • @APoipleTurtle said:

    Probably not. Each tome is usually worth about 300-400 fragments across all of their challenges. You need 690 to finish the rift.

    So completing all the challenges will complete about half of the Rift by themselves (ie, not including fragments earned from games played while working on the challenges). But realistically, you'd probably be pretty close to the end of the Rift once you cashed in your last completed tome challenge. Especially with the reduced XP needed for fragments these days.

    Right. The fragments will get a player halfway there. Now that does not include all the matches and experience earned while completing the challenges. But if a player were to start completing challenges right after the fourth tome unlocks, I don’t know if I could confidently say they would finish out the rift in two to three weeks, nor should they.