Why does 0.1 seconds of connection interruption remove you from the entire game?

This is the only game I have ever played that will straight up boot you from the game for a minor and very short connection interruption. Not only that but I have a nice little DC penalty because of it as well as putting my team at a disadvantage and making it look like I did it on purpose. Way to go BHVR, how about do some server maintenance for once. Literally, in any game ever unless your connection gets really bad your game will just stop for a few seconds while your connection fixes itself and then continue playing. DBD always gotta be different in the worst ways possible.

Comments

  • I think its cause bhvr literally cannot add a reconnect feature cause bots don't take over players that disconnect

  • If you're being disconnected from your connection dropping from a 0.1 second interruption, please create a bug report and we'll look into it further. The game gives you a few seconds to reconnect before it boots you from the match, just like you've suggested.

  • @Peanits said:

    If you're being disconnected from your connection dropping from a 0.1 second interruption, please create a bug report and we'll look into it further. The game gives you a few seconds to reconnect before it boots you from the match, just like you've suggested.

    This is a bug? I've always had this issue when my connection drops for a moment

  • It would be abused. People would d.c when the killer chases them to a corner and then reconnect when the killer is on the other side of the map. Only way I can see it being fair is if the person who d.cs doesn't vanish and the killer can still down and hook their husk.